cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an easy way to edit a header into all my listings at once?

I am looking for an easy way to put a message in my listings that I would only have to edit in one spot and have them all change.  I want to be able to update my customers in the descriptions they don't read 😛  It would be nice if I could put something in to explain my handling time so I don't lose all my sales.  Something like:

Due to current safety concerns and "social distancing" recommendations I am only shipping purchases in larger batches to minimize the risk of exposure to covid 19.  It may take up to 10 business days to ship orders, but my goal is to still get orders out as fast as safely possible.  Thanks for your understanding.

Feel free to steal and modify that text as you see fit if it is useful to you.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@gwzcomps  yes you can. Go to your active listings page >Select all items>edit from top of list >

Now you're in bulk edit. 

Select items again.  Upper left select the option to add to the description.  

I'm on my cell phone and can't remember the exact wording. 

Be sure to use bulk edit to change your handling time too or Ebay will give you late marks on your shipping metrics.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@gwzcomps. you can use bulk edit to add the  message but you have to change your handling time too or you'll have late shipping metrics. 

Handling time can be changed in bulk edit also. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I can bulk edit the descriptions without having to do them one at a time?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@gwzcomps  yes you can. Go to your active listings page >Select all items>edit from top of list >

Now you're in bulk edit. 

Select items again.  Upper left select the option to add to the description.  

I'm on my cell phone and can't remember the exact wording. 

Be sure to use bulk edit to change your handling time too or Ebay will give you late marks on your shipping metrics.  

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@gwzcomps. later when you want to remove the message you can select find and replace.  Replace it with something like thanks for shopping with me  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks I will try that later in the day after I get some sleep. Handling time is at 10 days already thanks for checking 🙂
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@ comics-scifi-collectibles Well apparently coronavirus and covid-19 are not allowed to be mentioned in the listings. I wonder if that applies to messages as well. Ended up using the word pandemic. Hopefully that doesn't get me banned. Also went back to 5 day handling in the hopes of salvaging my business while protecting myself.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Well this was a dumb idea so I don't recommend doing it. The find and replace tool doesn't work with large amounts of text despite supporting up to 1000 characters. Don't lose hours of your time using yet another useless broken tool eBay supplies...
Message 8 of 8
latest reply