cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Item I am selling, new other or used, or refurbished

I am selling a Symbol bar code reader that I bought new in like 2007 or so , I have never used it. I opened up everything and don't have none of the original packaging and none of the documentation on it either. Since i got it, its been sitting in a cabinet. Should I put it on ebay as new other or used? I also could put it as refurbished, since it might have been a refurbished unit , but I don't remember.  I am not totally sure what I should put the item condition as. 

This is what the item is the same that is being sold on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Symbol-SPT1550-P-N-SPT1550-TRG80400-w-Cradle-P-N-CRD1500-1000MC-REFURB-/2723...

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

"A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing the original packaging, or in the original packaging but not sealed. The item may be a factory second or a new, unused item with defects. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections."

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

It's "used" stating anything else is asking for trouble.

In the Item Condition field you can write your comments but this is clearly a "used" item.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I can tell you this if you didn't refurbish it yourself it's not seller refurbished.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

IMHO you are asking the wrong question. You should not ask "What should I call it?"

You should ask "What will buyers expect me to call it?" and "What would it be prudent to call it?"

IMHO the answer to these latter two questions is "Used".

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I'd list it as USED.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I would definitely agree that Used is the best that could be said about it, given what you describe about its history of sitting around in opened form, missing all its packaging & collateral, etc. For that matter, even if you had actually been using it, I don't know that that would make it any worse anyway.

But on the plus side, maybe you could go to the manufacturer's website and see if the user guide for it is available for download. They typically are, and that would enable you to possibly test it, and include a printout of the guide with the item so that the buyer can read it, too.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply