cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to PHONE customer service ???

I can't for the life of me figure out how to be able to actually speak to a customer service rep .. Can anyone PLEASE tell me how this is accomplisheed or if it is at all possible anymore ??? In years past it was no problem, but I can't remember how it was done . I thought you just clicked CONTACT US and a phone # was an option . I don't see that now and no matter what I do I can't get a phone number to call. Help would be much appreciated ..Thank you in advance 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Google ebay phone number.

It comes right up.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

It comes right up.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@wernersworld wrote:

I can't for the life of me figure out how to be able to actually speak to a customer service rep .. Can anyone PLEASE tell me how this is accomplisheed or if it is at all possible anymore ??? In years past it was no problem, but I can't remember how it was done . I thought you just clicked CONTACT US and a phone # was an option . I don't see that now and no matter what I do I can't get a phone number to call. Help would be much appreciated ..Thank you in advance 

Keep working with the options on help and contact until you get the "Call Me" option. They give a security number or get a call back. Seems to work faster then a cold call.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Problem with that is it gives you very specific guidelines and many times your question does not fit into any of them.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

Problem with that is it gives you very specific guidelines and many times your question does not fit into any of them.

I just keep trying until I get the "Call Me" option. Never had a problem and never waited more the 3 minutes.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

WOW !!!      Google Ebay Customer Service !!!!   I probably would not have thought to do that but I did and thank you sooo much ....... On the Help and Contact pages no matter how much I clicked on topics related to my problem Call Us NEVER came up.... Thanks again very much 🙂 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Thank you for the reply, it's just that a CALL ME option never came up no matter what I did ? Thanks again  🙂

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@wernersworld wrote:

Shhhhhhhhhhhh...don't tell anyone.....but yes, you can!

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Thank you
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I agree with trying what you can do to get the Call me button. At least if the information you've entered it likely will get you to a CS that can do more for your situation, than just calling out of the blue and then they have to transfer you to another(s)??? department.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I have called a couple of times, no long hold time.

It's a hoot.

What is your email address..

Sock monkey Dave

What is your user name....

Sock Monkey Dave

Your mothers maiden name.... McGillicuddy.

Your sisters first name... I did not know she was my sister

"Sweet Laura Lee"    Nope she was my cousin...

Hey how do you know all this about me...

we are ebay, we know what you are thinking.

Go for the mild wings, the hot will burn... dang AI 

How can I help you Mister Sock... oh heck no yep... you be talking to the sock.

I have never had long hold times with CS.

And the ones I have talked to seemed to know their stuff.

Nice and friendly.

But when she called me Mister Sock... beer came out my nose.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

You always make me smile Dave.
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@moondogblues

@moondogblues wrote:
You always make me smile Dave.

I sold on ebay for 5 years and never even knew there was a chat board.

I was using Turbo Lister, and hit the help button...

One choice was go to the TL boards. ( there is no TL board )

But I found you guys.

I started reading about sellers who were having problems.

I have never had a problem with ebay.

So I knew I had a job to do, bring a smile.

Words be my life, and the jokes are on me... I just can't spell real well.

Some stories have in deed some basis of truth.

My kid did in fact come home from school one day and she said.

Why did you and mom have to pay a fime of 15 bucks each for indecent exposure ?

Well... ask your mom...

I love to write, and if you keep your eyes open, you see some real goofy stuff.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

It comes right up.

You need to go through the Online Customer Service and choose a topic to get the PIN. Without the PIN, you may never get connected, and you may get an incorrect phone number from google. If you can't find your exact topic, go with the closest one that gets you the phone contact option.

I've seen a couple of questions recently from members who dialed the wrong toll-free area code (possibly the correct number after that) and got the scammers instead of eBay. These scammers have bought up the toll-free numbers that are close to eBay's number, and they will try to give you a "free" gift card <NOT> for your trouble, you just have to provide a CC to pay for the shipping ...

Message 14 of 14
latest reply