cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible that a listing is somehow "hidden" so buyers don't see it? no views but others sell

So I have a listing that hasn't had any views for a while. I tried lowering price, no difference. Seems that price is low compared to similar. And then I see other items sell for higher price. No negative feedback for me, pics aren't the best, but better than others that have sold. Only thing I can think of is that I do Immed Pay and don't have Credit Card options.

I'm not expecting detailed coaching here, just wondering if it is possible that listings can be hung up in some sort of purgatory. You think??

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Is it possible that a listing is somehow "hidden" so buyers don't see it? no views but others sell

I think what may help is to list more items, as of now I see 2. Hard to generate traffic with 2 items, many times people will look at your other items for sale and stumble upon something they want but was not searching for.  Plus right now is kinda slow selling as lots of people are spending on vacation right now. Your prices seem inline with whats sold. I have sold a ton of Waterford over the years and the Alana pattern is just a slow mover but it will sell your price is right shipping seemed high. When I did a search for your mug it was right at the top.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @goaldeelocks 

Do you mean the Krampus thing? 

I searched Krampus Tiki Mug and yours was first.

I searched Krampus Mug and yours was first.

When I searched just Krampus your item was #9 but still on the first page with other Krampus items that are not mugs. 

Since it's a Christmas thing yes? Perhaps it will get more views as we get closer to the holidays..

If that's NOT the item then my bad.. LOL

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

nope, Pika - it's the Waterford champagne glasses.  I'm having trouble understanding recent sold in comparison 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@goaldeelocks wrote:

nope, Pika - it's the Waterford champagne glasses.  I'm having trouble understanding recent sold in comparison 

You are very competitively priced.  When I view it, it shows $40 shipping?  Is that correct?

I would maybe raise the item price, but lower the shipping?  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@goaldeelocks wrote:

It figures LOL

Sorry.. 

Looks like Katz has you covered though.. 

ETA Shows $29 shipping for me so looks like it's on calculated shipping. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@pikabo-icu wrote:

@goaldeelocks wrote:

It figures LOL

Sorry.. 

Looks like Katz has you covered though.. 

Not so sure..............I got ready to post and you posted about the Tiki and I had been looking at her Waterford, so went to another thread.  LOL

I do not sell Waterford glassware - these are nice dessert dishes.  Not certain how much these types of things sell or how often.  Solds show more singles (replacements) than a set of 6. 

@goaldeelocks 

@pikabo-icu 

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I think what may help is to list more items, as of now I see 2. Hard to generate traffic with 2 items, many times people will look at your other items for sale and stumble upon something they want but was not searching for.  Plus right now is kinda slow selling as lots of people are spending on vacation right now. Your prices seem inline with whats sold. I have sold a ton of Waterford over the years and the Alana pattern is just a slow mover but it will sell your price is right shipping seemed high. When I did a search for your mug it was right at the top.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

shipping - probably correct for your zip (and "could" end up lower, but it's very heavy and would take a lot of packing to be "safe"). Shipping to areas close to me calculated shows $14 and $40 - $46 for further locations.

Recent sold item showed $59 shipping for my location, so I suppose perhaps was a buyer close to that one so shipping for that person was less.

BUT - your suggestion about higher price and lower shipping: what you're saying is that people aren't shopping by total price I guess. Thank you for that input.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

OK  - Thanks ALL!

My question totally answered with respect to whether a listing can be somehow in purgatory (bc you all were able to see it).

Appreciate the suggestions. I think I'll cancel this tomorrow and list as singles or pairs (much easier to ship that way!). 

I wish there were some way to mark ALL your replies as Solution.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@goaldeelocks wrote:

just wondering if it is possible that listings can be hung up in some sort of purgatory. You think??

Many sellers whose items do not sell want to believe that happens.

They cannot imagine a scenario in which their item is not the most attractive option for buyers.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply