cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is No PayPal possible?

Just curious...Not that I would entertain such a dumb idea but will eBay let us only accept money orders and such mailed to us (sellers).  then we ship the item once payment is received?

I know dumb ?? but just curious.

Message 1 of 244
latest reply
243 REPLIES 243

Is No PayPal possible?

@sam9876wrote:

eChecks are something that PayPal created and process as slow as they want.

I have used echecks in other venues as well and they take time to clear.

Message 241 of 244
latest reply

Is No PayPal possible?

So you are saying ebay is a better place today ?

Hardly..

I collect guitars and there are scammers hacking into accounts , stealing identities to list fake auctions etc.  Ive seen one guitar in particular a half dozen times over a 3 year period. They get reported and many are saavy enough to know not to buy, but some dont. So don't tell me paypal resolved this because it hasn't. There are plenty of sellers out there who can still list a big buck item, sell it and simply disconnect their bank from ebay and there is no chance of a buyer being reimbursed. If somebody wants to get you they will.

As for selling,  can say without hesitation that I was making far more money in 2000 than today.

Sure I had non payers, but I could at least leave them negative feedback and eventually they got suspended.

Today its set up so the buyer is never in the wrong...  I know of sellers who sold an item, only to have a broken or replacement version sent back to them with no recourse.

Gimme a break emerald40 !

Ebay is not on the sellers side nor do they care.. The difference being today, when I leave , there is nobody taking my place because social media has taken ebays place.

Message 242 of 244
latest reply

Is No PayPal possible?

@lookng2015wrote:

@And this getting notifications on posts just being replied to because of the way they use the @ sign is getting irritating.

I even get them to myself from myself!

Yeah apparently in true eBay fashion (yes I know Lithium isn't eBay but...) while fixing one thing they already broke they managed to break something else.

Well, on the plus side, it's only one thing they broke after fixing something that they broke in the first place.