cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Ebay weeding out the last few remaining private sellers?

I had my playouts restricted because they wanted to confirm my identity. I was given until 9th of November otherwise my account will be restricted. During the three or four weeks they given me, I uploaded all the types of documents, many, many times. I chatted with customer support 4 times and each time they asked to re-load the documents and assured that it will be resolved withing 48 hours. Well yesterday, 9th of November, my seller privileges were restricted and got an email saying that because I have not provided the information they needed my account is was restricted.
Is this it, my 16 years old account is no more? Is this how Ebay deals with few remaining private sellers? Will I ever get my money for the few sales I made? Its only about £25 but mean a lot to me since Im not able to work due to disability. I’m gutted so the least....

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

eBay has been pulling the same with me.  It's about time for another class action suit.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Is all of the information the same?

Meaning the name on your Seller account matches your Bank Account exactly?  Address is the same (exact)?

If it is not, correct your Seller account info to match, exactly.

You successfully attached a Checking account to your Seller account and received email confirmation of same, correct?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Yes, everything matches and I have a bank accout linked

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Are you in the UK?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I did not know that Public Institutions sold on eBay. I thought all were Private sellers or Private companies. I guess if your local Fire Dept was getting rid of an old fire engine they might be able to sell it on here using Auction option and advertising it in the Legals.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Private sellers vs Business. Im not a business, all my items are second-hand from our house move.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Its only about £25 but mean a lot to me since Im not able to work due to disability

You're not as disabled as you think.  Half the jobs in the world require the same skills as used to sell on eBay. 

Every government in the world has their hand out to get their share of taxes and revenue generated by the internet and eBay follows the law as required to report and confirm information.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

The information has been sent and it up to date and correct. So it is nothing to do with reporting and/or confirming

Message 9 of 9
latest reply