cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect price deposited after sale

The item sold on ebay for $550, without "Make an Offer", but the deposited amount at payout was $68.00.  I contacted support and they said I offered an 88% discount, which i did not do, and there is no record of any such offer.  

Has anyone else had an issue like this?

Message 1 of 212
latest reply
211 REPLIES 211

Make an offer is not causing this problem, It's when you let ebay sent offers out on your behalf. What I do when I want to discount something is discount it for EVERYONE. You only need ONE person to buy and we know most watchers are NOT buying anyways.
@joliztoyco wrote:

So sellers who don't use "make an offer" wouldn't have to worry about this?
Because I sure as heck can't afford to let 500 dollar items go for 60 bucks.
Let's put it a different way: How many sellers on this board are offering an 88% discount.
On anything?
My guess would be ZERO.
So eBay's poorly constructed "tools" allow it? All the way up to 100%? Or does it stop at 99%?
Either way it's bad news for Ebay's occasional and new sellers. If most of us didn't know about this, what chance do they have?
Whether it's their fault or not, it will only take one or two of these losses and they'll walk away forever.
Can't blame them.

Message 211 of 212
latest reply

@safan80 wrote:

Make an offer is not causing this problem, It's when you let ebay sent offers out on your behalf. 

Sorry but that is not correct.  Ebay's assertion is that the OP actually made an offer to the buyer.  The OP says he has never used the feature at all, didn't even know where to find it until this happened.  

Message 212 of 212
latest reply