cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want my money now !

How can ebay change so badly

I want my money now not in some vague timeframe

Happy to pay more commission and have my money now like we used to with paypal.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I want my money now !

You may want it that way but it's not going to happen that way on eBay.

Personally I'm on weekly payouts but if I was on daily the money would be in my bank account within 36 - 48 hours,  slightly slower than PayPal by about 12 hours.

In reality I never withdrew my PayPal funds more than once a week and usually less often, now it's done for me each week without me having to do anything.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I want my money now !

What are you talking about Paypal was instant. 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I want my money now !

PP has never been instant into your 'bank account' - you would have to transfer it and it would take 1 - 3 days.

PP was only instant if you wanted to buy something through paypal rather than have money in your bank.

MP are here to stay so you need to get used to it

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I want my money now !

Wrong again

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

I want my money now !

If you can't wait  a few days for your money, perhaps selling on ebay is not for you. 

Millions of other ebay sellers are getting by just fine with managed payments. 

Sell it on craigslist. Meet the buyer. Get paid with no waiting. 

God luck and stay safe.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I want my money now !

Here in the UK once the buyer paid the money was in my Paypal account and could be instantly transferred to my bank account. I got 'paid' for my item on last Sunday morning £110 Ive been told today its been sent to my bank account but still not showing and Ive sent the item which cost £5.35 in postage and a drive to post it. Could be 0-4 days more wait for my money. Thats just not acceptable. Ive removed all my other items from ebay.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I want my money now !

I enjoyed using PayPal as a pivot point. The money from sales deposited in my PayPal account enabled me to also buy on eBay with my PayPal account... It was easy, peasy. Now, in order to buy, I have to either entertain a CC, or my bank, or take the long way around the barn, and pull money from my bank account to deposit in PP account. None of which I find to be an appetizing default,; Not to mention the hard money in the account increased time frame... Definitely not the shortest distance between two points.  And certainly not the most convenient.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I want my money now !

I transferred money the other day on Pay Pal.  It was there the next morning with the Free  1-3 day Transfer.  There is an Instant Transfer on Pay Pal but they charge you a 1% fee. 

Can you use the money from Managed Payments to buy on eBay or anyplace else?  I don't think so. 

Change the channel!
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I want my money now !

Well, that's the real trick isn't it - without MP you can't sell on eBay - so your not going to get any money to buy on eBay.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I want my money now !

Change the channel!
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I want my money now !

@downunder-61 wrote:

Well, that's the real trick isn't it - without MP you can't sell on eBay - so your not going to get any money to buy on eBay.

I will get my money elsewhere, not eBay and I probably won't buy on eBay anymore either.  That's the trick! 

Change the channel!
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I want my money now !

You might just get your wish for money now with a higher fee if you want to pay more.  I got a survey from Ebay several months ago with them asking questions about how much I was willing to pay to get my funds faster. Remember though that if they do do this you will be paying more to get that money in there quicker. It’s on their minds, but there will be a price tag with it.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

I want my money now !

@hawkwind5454 wrote:

The money from sales deposited in my PayPal account enabled me to also buy on eBay with my PayPal account... It was easy, peasy. Now, in order to buy, I have to either entertain a CC, or my bank, or take the long way around the barn, and pull money from my bank account to deposit in PP account. 

You could just add your Managed Payments bank account as the preferred funding source for the PayPal account. I don't think there is the need to manually transfer the money first. 

One thing I do like about Managed Payments is my weekly payouts to my bank account are a much better representation of my net income than my PayPal balance used to be.  

My PayPal balance was not really "my" money yet. I needed to mentally subtract the pending invoices from 6 different selling accounts, and also subtract the shipping costs for any unshipped items. Only then did I have an idea what part of the PayPal balance was really "mine". 

Under managed payments, all the eBay fees and shipping costs have already been subtracted from my available funds, so the money that gets paid out is essentially "my" money. 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I want my money now !

I've been with managed payments for 2 months now. 

When i switched over i opened up a free checking account. I call it my "ebay" checking account. All my ebay proceeds from managed payments goes in to that account automatically every day. That account comes with a free debit card. I use that debit card to make ebay purchases.  How is that any different from when we were using paypal?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 15 of 17
latest reply