cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to sell my watch collection

I have over 60 watches I bought through Ebay. My wife is asking that I sell them

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@lionel1paintings wrote:

I have over 60 watches I bought through Ebay. My wife is asking that I sell them

Then in the interest of marital harmony, I would suggest that you at least consider doing so. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 15 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Well, do you want to take pictures and list them here?  Take them to a pawn shop or what?

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

If you want 1/10 of their market value, sell them to a pawn shop.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Have you explained to your wife why you want to keep them  ?

Or maybe you agree with her that they should be sold ?

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

If I told my husband to sell off a collection of his he would probably tell me to take a hike....unless we needed money I would never dream of asking him to sell something he collected.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

are these high end watches?

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

It's crass to shift blame or responsibility onto someone else.  Do you want to sell them? 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Tell her that once you sell them then you are going to collect  old radios or old cars.  She should come to her senses seeing the watches take up less room.   

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@fuzzface50 wrote:

Tell her that once you sell them then you are going to collect  old radios or old cars.  She should come to her senses seeing the watches take up less room.   

Pinball machines - they take up lots of room AND are noisy.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@fuzzface50 wrote:

Pinball machines - they take up lots of room AND are noisy.

Oh man...I've been wanting to get a couple of those things...AFTER I move out my own (what I call) "collection of vintage stuff" to ebay. My wife is happy that I'm finally moving the stuff. But anyway...back to the pinball machines...I want to get a couple of those things and I *think* she wouldn't mind a couple if I can git them in the basement.

But yeah...if the OP's wife isn't happy with the watch collection, then he should definitely start collecting pinball machines.

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@lionel1paintings 

< I have over 60 watches I bought through Ebay. My wife is asking that I sell them >   

Reminds me of the story.  A guy says, "My wife told me I had to choose between her or fishing.  I'm going to miss her." 

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Do you have a question? 

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@gosimus wrote:

@lionel1paintings 

< I have over 60 watches I bought through Ebay. My wife is asking that I sell them >   

Reminds me of the story.  A guy says, "My wife told me I had to choose between her or fishing.  I'm going to miss her." 

We all have priorities - what I missed the most about my ex-husband was losing my mountainbiking buddies.  😭 

As for collections - I knew someone who had 263 pedal cars - I still remember the exact number.  However, one of my neighbours when I lived in town collected, refurbed and sold pinball machines.  That's all that was in his living room - pinball machines.  He had them on the porch and in his garage, as well.  That's a hobby I could get behind, though, unlike the pedal cars.

— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@gosimus wrote:

@lionel1paintings 

LOL...I was going to post that EXACT story...or something similar....but decided to try to play a bit nice and encourage him to collect pinball machines.

But yeah...my wife has always had enough sense...maybe even respect?...not to ask...or tell...me to sell my "collection of vintage items."

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@lionel1paintings wrote:

Then in the interest of marital harmony, I would suggest that you at least consider doing so. 

Message 15 of 19
latest reply