cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to create a listing with variations (colors & sizes) but the option not exist in the page

Hi, I will appreciate your help, I'm trying to create a listing with variations (colors & sizes) but the option not exist in the page
I believe I'm using the advanced listing version.

What should I do?
thank you!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I'm trying to create a listing with variations (colors & sizes) but the option not exist in the page

Are you using advanced tool to list?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

To make use of options that the Quick Lister is missing, Save and Exit at the bottom of the Quick Lister. On the next screen look for a link, in the upper right hand area, to use the Advanced listing form ( or it may say Use form with more choices).

You can now reopen the draft and make use of the Best Offer, Duration, and other options not present on the Quick Lister.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

What category are you listing in? The multi variation option is not available in every category. It is available for Clothing and it looks like that's the category you're using.

Your screenshot shows the Item Specifics portion of the listing page. You need to scroll up above the photos and look near the Condition area to see if the option exists to add multiple variations.

If you are creating a variation listing you need to start a new listing and do not sell similar from an existing listing.

There is a tutorial at the bottom of this page if you need it. The categories with variation ability are also listed on the page. https://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/listing-variations.html

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Thank you for your help.

I choose category: Clothing, Shoes & Accessories > Baby & Toddler Clothing > Unisex Clothing (Newborn-5T) > One-Pieces

I also can't see the advance option. 

Thank you!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

ltgs-deals wrote: ... I also can't see the advance option. 

Click on "Save and exit" at the bottom of your draft listing.

In the upper-right corner of the next screen there's a link for the Advanced version of the listing form. After you click on that, you can re-open your draft and it will have the regular options including Variations for fixed price listings.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Now that I've had a chance to enlarge your image and run a test listing, I think that you might have already been in the Advanced form. Or perhaps it's a new version of the Quick form (there are at least 3 versions out there).  

In any case, be sure to check that (1) you are in a Clothing category, as you said you were; and (2) you have selected fixed price format, not auction.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

The screenshot provided says "revise your listing" at the top. If this is an active listing you cannot add variations. As I mentioned above, you can only create variations on a brand-new listing.

Edit: I see you are trying to revise item # 282710801825 - you cannot add variations to an existing listing. Your best bet is to end the listing and create a new one. Make sure it's a new listing form and do not use "sell similar".

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Good catch -- I was so focused on "which form?" that I completely overlooked the fact that it was a revision!  I guess I relied on the thread title a bit too much.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

It's group problem-solving... everyone contributes a different point of view. What one person misses someone else will catch and vice versa.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Thank you! it works 🙂

Message 11 of 11
latest reply