cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm offering something for local pickup, someone made an offer but the offer page says "Ship to"

The price offered is fine, but the Manage Offers page says Ship to and shows me a zipcode and city.

My listing says  Local Pickup only

Is this the buyer requesting I ship to them, if I accept the offer will I be obligated to ship to them, or is this just the offer page being laid out in a weird way?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm offering something for local pickup, someone made an offer but the offer page says "Ship to"

If the listing only has local pick up, they would have to come pick it up, Ebay wouldn't expect you to ship it.

Before accepting the offer, I'd contact the buyer and ask them if they realize it's pick up only.

A lot of times on local pick ups, the buyer only see's free and they think it's going to be shipped.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Is the buyer located near you?

If not, you don't have to accept the offer.

Why wouldn't you offer shipping on the item?

Have a great day
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

They're located, kind of near me. About an hour away by car.

I'm only doing pickup for the relative simplicity since I don't plan on selling much, just getting rid of something I don't need, and since I'm not selling it for much, it wouldn't really be worth the shipping.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

If the listing only has local pick up, they would have to come pick it up, Ebay wouldn't expect you to ship it.

Before accepting the offer, I'd contact the buyer and ask them if they realize it's pick up only.

A lot of times on local pick ups, the buyer only see's free and they think it's going to be shipped.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@sud9349 wrote:

They're located, kind of near me. About an hour away by car.

I'm only doing pickup for the relative simplicity since I don't plan on selling much, just getting rid of something I don't need, and since I'm not selling it for much, it wouldn't really be worth the shipping.

JFYI I sell some  items where the shipping is just as much if not MORE than the item itself and people still buy it.  

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Why not tell your buyer that you have to cancel, citing "problem with buyer's address" as the reason and then do so?  

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Why not tell your buyer that you have to cancel, citing "problem with buyer's address" as the reason and then do so?  

@soh.maryl 

Maybe because the OP has not accepted the offer, and there is no sale to cancel? 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply