cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm curious to hear how you would respond to this question from a potential buyer...

A product i sell that i have to ship over (air) from Japan.

Mine:  $6.50 + $4 S&H + $1 each additional

My competitor (in Japan): $4.90 + $23 S&H + $1 each additional

A potential buyer just messaged me asking if i could price match $4.90.   LOL

How would you respond?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

I'm curious to hear how you would respond to this question from a potential buyer...

I would block them without responding.  Too dumb to deal with.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Dear Buyer,

We keep our shipping prices as low as possible and believe that we are the best "total" price available on eBay. Because we keep our shipping charge so low, we 're not able to match the item price for this.

If you compare the total price (item plus shipping), I think you'll find that we already have the best price.

Regards

VintageCarMagazines

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

I want so bad to say something like "I will glady price match the other guy but you will end up paying MORE"!

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Tell them sure you can match that as long as you can also match $23 shipping. 😂

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Well, of course, be glad to price match.  So, that would be $4.90 + $23 + $1 each additional.  Easy as pie.

😂

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

I was trying to respond with that same thought as Vintage Car but I lost my post....

You may also want to point out that for $27.90 they can buy more product from you for the same amount of money.

If you could combine shipping, you could make yourself look even better.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

"Dear mathematically challenged shopper,

I am sorry, but I am not Lowe's or Home Depot. I do not price match.

My price is $6.50 + $4 shipping for a total of $10.50

My competitor's price is $4.90 + $23 shipping for a total of $27.90

I have given you the facts. I leave it up to you to determine the best price.

May the force be with you.

Thank you,

Your bemused (but not really surprised) seller"

Okay...don't really send that lol

I'm thinking that they want you to simply match the item price, shipping charge notwithstanding.   But yeah...

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

@inhawaii 

Dear Potential Buyer,

First and foremost, thank you for your message and request for me to match a price from another Seller.  Unfortunately, I would be selling for a loss at that amount so would have to decline.

Sincerely,

Seller

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

I wouldn't waste my time replying.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Make them a special listing just for them.  $1.99 with the $23 shipping your competitor offers. 😂

On a related note I regularly get lowball offers on stuff I am not taking offers on.  I had someone offer me $50 for an item I had listed for $99.99.  I told them I would accept their offer if they cover shipping.  They asked how much and I told them shipping and handling would be $50.  They agreed so I edited the listing to $100 even.  They bought it and left me a positive.  I still shake my head and laugh to this day. 💩

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Just when I thought I saw it all with buyers....this one has me shaking my head. 

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

"R U kidding me? A U living on Mars? SMH"

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

@inhawaii

And the winner?   Who gets the prize?

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

I list some of my titles at the same price on AZ and eBay, usually $12.99Cdn.

On eBay I offer Free Shipping.

On AZ I am required to charge $6.49Cdn. shipping. 

Even so I am the lowest price on about one third of my listings and within pennies on about half.

I still get sales on AZ, not many, but never any complaint.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply