cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have now seen it all!

I got this in my messages yesterday. This was sold as bin on July 15th. Ok fine someone used someone’s account to purchase, I might be able to buy that even though this was a very specific purchase of a children’s item. (Most scammers are going to try for more than kids sunglasses 😆) Nehoo, my issue is eBay’s reprimand of how I List. I rarely do auctions and if I did are they really going to sit there and put this on me like I somehow had something to do with the entire situation because of how I (which I didn’t as accused) list my items? Really? So I’m to blame here right? Because that is exactly how I perceived this email from them. SMH. I’ve had no sales in quite a few days with tons of watchers. Why don’t u work on getting me some money! My listings are visible. Oh n ur recommendation is exactly how my item was listed

C27B894C-2528-4E57-8EDE-3ACBE2EDC284.jpeg

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I have now seen it all!

@discountme wrote:

I got this in my messages yesterday. This was sold as bin on July 15th. Ok fine someone used someone’s account to purchase, I might be able to buy that even though this was a very specific purchase of a children’s item. (Most scammers are going to try for more than kids sunglasses 😆) Nehoo, my issue is eBay’s reprimand of how I List. I rarely do auctions and if I did are they really going to sit there and put this on me like I somehow had something to do with the entire situation because of how I (which I didn’t as accused) list my items? Really? So I’m to blame here right? Because that is exactly how I perceived this email from them. SMH. I’ve had no sales in quite a few days with tons of watchers. Why don’t u work on getting me some money! My listings are visible. Oh n ur recommendation is exactly how my item was listed

C27B894C-2528-4E57-8EDE-3ACBE2EDC284.jpeg

It doesn't seem they're blaming you  but just more or less just giving you a tip on how to avoid this type of thing in the future . Probably anyone  would  get a message like  this one under the same circumtances . Tulips

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I have now seen it all!

It's not personal, it's a form letter that everyone gets when that happens. It's not fine tuned to each seller's listing style.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I have now seen it all!

You're the seller, of course it's all your fault (cough cough).
I don't see why they have to remove the listing and penalise the seller in these cases. Surely just cancelling bids and NARUing the buyer should be enough? What ?if it was a MQ GTC listing and the sellers loses all their sales history>?
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I have now seen it all!

Ya but I’m lol cuz this was Sold a month ago. There was nothing to remove. I’m now waiting for the Paypal case to appear 🤦🏼‍♀️
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I have now seen it all!

You are right about that. Its not even relevant to the situation
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I have now seen it all!

This is the problem. Instead of addressing the issue with a real person they let bots send random messages about similiar occurrences. This is lazy and even more substantiates most people’s claims of incompetence. Imo
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I have now seen it all!

I shouldn’t have even received this email. It was a waste of my n their time. Your issue was with the buyer, not me. N why am I being refunded fees? Cuz I’m darn sure not refunding the buyer....unless ebay did a courtesy refund smh. I find it amusing they strive to make changes to be like everyone else but don’t have their own affairs in order to be able to attempt to do so competently. I would respect that more if they did. I like eBay, I do, but they have a lot of matters they need to address before dipping into other markets n issues.
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I have now seen it all!

I have now seen it all!

You are suprised that a form letter sent to countless thousands of sellers does not perfectly match your specific situation?

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I have now seen it all!

Yes, that’s not a display of competence when 3/4 of the email has absolutely nothing to do with me. As a business owner outside of this, I could NEVER EVER EVER allow myself, my employees or my business look like the 🤡 eBay constantly does. They focus on things that nobody wants (search) and lack attention in actual business matters. If I get an email from anyone I expect it to have a purpose that actually pertains to me or leave it out. The only thing relevant to me is we refunded you. That was it. I do not expect you or anyone else, that is not on my level to understand this though. 😉 Have a good one
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I have now seen it all!

I have learned over the past 20 years to simply ignore or even delete Ebay messages without reading them as they are all largely corporate generated nonsense. 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I have now seen it all!

Amen!
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I have now seen it all!

I get these love notes from eBay once a week or so.  I delete them without even reading any.  Top tips for selling my items ?  Well, I've got $1.3 million in sales and 100% shooting star feedback, zero returns, and all 5 stars (knock wood).  Thanks, but I don't need their help.  And I have a strong feeling if I followed any eBay advice, my stats would be quite different.

I'll just keep doing things the wrong way. 

Joe

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I have now seen it all!

Must be a lot of hi-jacking going around.

On two different accounts I've had three in the last month.

Don't believe any of them at all.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I have now seen it all!

@discountme wrote:

I rarely do auctions and if I did are they really going to sit there and put this on me like I somehow had something to do with the entire situation because of how I (which I didn’t as accused) list my items? Really? So I’m to blame here right? Because that is exactly how I perceived this email from them. SMH.

Oh, the drama.

If you go off the deep end over a form letter, how do you handle real problems?  I would guess you have not even come close to seeing it all. 

Message 15 of 16
latest reply