cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had $2,200.00 in eBay gift cards stolen from me

67 REPLIES 67

@ra_201044 wrote:

Way too many buyers think free shipping is actually free. There are even new sellers that think choosing free shipping on the listing form means it's actually free.

A buyer last week told me I should be able to ship something to them for no more than $5. USPS rate was closer to $27 and other carriers were higher than that.

How do they go through life like that? Well ... obviously some of them go through life learning the hard way when they get scammed for big bucks on fake car listings.

Or the same sellers who have been paying 10% to ebay + 2.9% to PP now get charged 13% to ebay with 0 to PP and think they are paying higher fees(well, they are on higher $ taxable items, but that's besides the point).

Sorry - I should have bolded what I wanted to quote from the other post.

Message 61 of 68
latest reply

@releasethekraken_1 wrote:
Obviously the OP was scammed, but your all-inclusive statements are simply not accurate.

It wasn't an "all-inclusive" statement at all. I said that I couldn't think of any other reason, and asked you what you were referring to.

Message 62 of 68
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

Obviously the OP was scammed, but your all-inclusive statements are simply not accurate.

It wasn't an "all-inclusive" statement at all. I said that I couldn't think of any other reason, and asked you what you were referring to.

And I gave other reasons. So we're done, right?

Message 63 of 68
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

And I gave other reasons. So we're done, right?

Right.

Message 64 of 68
latest reply

First let me say that I am sorry this happened, scams are everywhere and even the smartest of us can be taken at any time,

Next let me apologize for the TROLLS on this page with their "I am smarter than you" attitudes. You see it makes them feel superior, when in fact it shows nothing but ignorance, and their need to bring others down to their level.

Better luck moving forward,

Ignorance has no bounds when its being spoke by the ignorant

Message 65 of 68
latest reply

@us_bmich wrote:

First let me say that I am sorry this happened, scams are everywhere and even the smartest of us can be taken at any time,

Next let me apologize for the TROLLS on this page with their "I am smarter than you" attitudes. You see it makes them feel superior, when in fact it shows nothing but ignorance, and their need to bring others down to their level.

Better luck moving forward,

Ignorance has no bounds when its being spoke by the ignorant

This has nothing to do with being "smarter". All one needs to avoid these scams is a modicum of common sense.

Message 66 of 68
latest reply

Sorry you've been scammed, I'm sure you won't ever let it happen again.

I haven't been scammed, but I lost loads of money because of a stupid mistake that I made on ebay, but I won't make that mistake again.

No idea why some are arguing back and forth about gift cards when you've been scammed, I mean, are you even interested?... I wouldn't be.

Good Luck.

Message 67 of 68
latest reply

I don't think that anyone is debating the purchase of gift cards for personal use.  I just would never use them to pay a stranger with them.  I could use them on eBay to pay a legitimate seller.   I only buy gift cards online for family to pay for purchases with known retailers.  I also would never buy gift cards at a store due to the scams people run.   I see complaints from people who purchased gift cards  at a local store, but when they tried to use them the balance was zeroed.  This is because of thieves steal the gift card packets from the store to record the card numbers and pin.  Then they return them to the store shelf, and wait until they are activated and steal the money from the card before you can use it.

Message 68 of 68
latest reply