cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I forget, does ebay refund final value fees for refund outside of return center?

Hi, all.  Brain not working...

I have a buyer making a remorse return without going through the return center.  When I refund, I know paypal refunds fees above 30 cent transaction fee, but don't remember if ebay refunds final value fee.

Can't immediately find the answer in the help pages.

Someone know?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I forget, does ebay refund final value fees for refund outside of return center?

Ebay does if you issued the refund by going to ebay and cancelling the order... which results in the buyer getting a full refund and your FVF is refunded to you.

Any refunds made directly thru paypal does doesn't result in any FVF refunds from ebay. You'd have to call ebay and ask them to refund you.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

AND, the buyer has to AGREE to the refund in the resolution center. This will show you did not just cancel the transaction without the buyer's consent.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you @bigdeals.etc and @coolections.  This is a remorse return for which I'm not refunding original shipping costs. So, hmmm, I'll have to see which is more, shipping costs or fees.

THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yea those are tricky. You have to weigh your choices. If you can, try to get the buyer to file a remorse return thru ebay. BE WARNED that this is a risk because they can end up filing a SNAD. There were times I took that risk depending on the content of the communication with the buyer. Oftentimes my hunch was right and they ended up filing remorse... other times not so much. Your call.

But if you end up not wanting to risk it and the price difference of shipping fees is almost the same as FVF fees, I would suggest you go the full refund route... less chance of upsetting the buyer. And overall, I'd rather the money go to a buyer (full refund) vs go into eBay's greedy pockets (FVF fee).

Message 5 of 5
latest reply