cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am in the eBay Partner Network. How do I put the campaign links into my Shopify store/website?

I am in the eBay Partner Network. How do I put the campaign links into my Shopify store/website?

I do not sell on eBay; I am a partner in the network. 

I contacted eBay Partner Network who had no advice to offer.  

Oddly I am unable to find a YouTube on this subject. 

Or is there a better platform that creates websites which will work easier with eBay Partner Network. 

I do thank anyone who can help me with this in advance...thank you!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

The eBay Partner Network is designed to lead buyers back to eBay. Why would you be in it if you are not selling?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

This link might help

https://partnerhelp.ebay.com/helpcenter/s/article/Link-Generator-Quick-Start-Guide?language=en_US

My personal experience with affiliate programs is that I never generated enough traffic to pay for the time it tool to create the links.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@heckofagame wrote:

The eBay Partner Network is designed to lead buyers back to eBay. Why would you be in it if you are not selling?

They would do it for the referral money. Why they would use a Shopify storefront for this purpose is a mystery.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

You need to contact Shopify and ask how to add links there.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

They get a commission if anyone clicks their links and buys anything through Ebay.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I am not a seller in ebay because in the eBay Partner Network I do not have to have a site/shop within eBay to sell.  I get links to bring traffic to an eBay item. When someone buys I get a commission. 

Check out eBay Partner Network, it will explain better.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Most eBay affiliates have an existing blog or online platform where they have a lot of followers that already read their content. Then, they include links to eBay items that are relevant to their blog posts, so that interested people reading their blog can view the items, and if they make a purchase, the affiliate member will get a commission.

I don't know how that business model would or could be applied to a shopify store.  You can't just copy eBay listings onto your shopify store. That's would be illegal drop-shipping. You can't post eBay affiliate links on your shopify store. You are supposed to sell your own items there.

https://www.shopify.com/blog/how-to-sell-online

It seems to me that you need to rethink your business plans, because it is very unclear what you were planning to sell in your shopify store, or how that would tie into an eBay affiliate program through the eBay Partner Network.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

Most eBay affiliates have an existing blog or online platform where they have a lot of followers that already read their content. Then, they include links to eBay items that are relevant to their blog posts, so that interested people reading their blog can view the items, and if they make a purchase, the affiliate member will get a commission.

I don't know how that business model would or could be applied to a shopify store.  You can't just copy eBay listings onto your shopify store. That's would be illegal drop-shipping. You can't post eBay affiliate links on your shopify store. You are supposed to sell your own items there.

https://www.shopify.com/blog/how-to-sell-online

It seems to me that you need to rethink your business plans, because it is very unclear what you were planning to sell in your shopify store, or how that would tie into an eBay affiliate program through the eBay Partner Network.

Basically spot on...  Creating a Shopify Store in hopes of making anything much at via affiliate linkage, well, tell ya', gonna make more doin' three hours four days a week at McDonalds.  Especially if one doesn't know what is doing out of the gate so to speak which is shown by using Shopify from word go.  The way to do this is Wordpress with several plugins, cheap hosting and knowing what to do with Wordpress and the plugins.  But even at that, need to know how to bring traffic into the work and that's a task in its own right.

Atop that, the moment a consumer realizes they are actually transacting via eBay versus a Shopify online store it's syonara.  Shopify stores w/ affiliate linkages are meant to A. Sell whatever you're selling, like you own say a brick and mortar video game store with 10,000-15,000 titles IN STOCK and then using affiliate linkage towards other titles perhaps not in stock.  Shopify doesn't exist with any hope of succeeding inan affiliate "Drop ship" type model, its epic fail before it begins.  I am web developer, I know what I'm talking about.

@lacemaker3 is spot on here. Lets for example say I'm into classic Rock 'n' Roll Music or Country.  I build a website using Wordpress website that talks about various artists and this/that and various albums or songs.  Then I've linkage to where they can buy making myself a literal pittance in doing so but if I can get enough traffic, might be worthwhile albeit EVER SO TIME consuming.  If a person is say retired and has eight hours a day to work at it wanting a little extra income its doable but pretty much ends there.

If that weren't the case we'd see far more "Sellers" here not selling but instead working affiliate programs, its always been that way.  

Message 9 of 9
latest reply