cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am LOST someone HELP ME with REAL answers PLEASE

I have been working long hours, so i have tried to look into the so called "Free returns", but keep getting different answers.  So if someone has the actual facts, then THANK YOU! in advance.

I already have 30 day returns, i do next day ship, i am in compliance and am a top rated power seller.  I do get a 10% discount.  

A friend is telling me if i dont do free returns, i will lose my discount, and status.

Ebay is telling me "no" i won't.  That i just won't get there so called "better placement".  

So, what is the facts?  Will i be penalized for not doing Free returns?  Lose my status and discount?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

As I understand it. thinking

You are still Top Rated but you dont get a badge on the listing and basically none of your buyers know it.  What you do get is a discount with shipping and the $30 promo credit. 

If you dont offer the Free Returns (ebays FREE rental system) then yes you do loose your 10% discount. 

As for the "better placement". Im not 100% sure but it wouldnt suprise me. Ebay has made a mess of the search results. 

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

TRS is a SELLER status.

TRS Plus is a LISTING status.

If you do not offer "free" return shipping, you lost the Plus status from the listing. It will no longer have the badge and you will not get the 10% FVF discount. You do not have to offer "free" returns on all listings. You can pick and choose if you want "free" returns on low cost lightweight items (these would be Plus), and buyer paid for heavier ones. (these would not be Plus)

You will still be TRS if you meet the TRS requirements.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards/seller-levels-performance-stan...

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

TRS is a SELLER status.

If you do not offer "free" return shipping, you lost the Plus status from the listing. It will no longer have the badge and you will not get the 10% FVF discount. You do not have to offer "free" returns on all listings. You can pick and choose if you want "free" returns on low cost lightweight items (these would be Plus), and buyer paid for heavier ones. (these would not be Plus)

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards/seller-levels-performance-stan...

Thank you.

I still have questions if you don't mind.  So, are you saying basically i keep my status, but in the categories they want you to have Free Returns, i will lose my discount on those items?  

Will i lose my status on those listings as well if i don't offer free returns?  To me this is complicated, and i don't know why.

They said the free returns don't apply to "collectibles & Art"  is that collectibles alone?  For why would they lump those 2 categories together?  

So if i list something in Jewelry, they want me to offer Free Returns on that right?

Sorry to be a pain, i just cannot grasp wth there doing here.  

Also, i don't know why i am not a plus, i should be......

Thank you!

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

@cad777864 wrote:

TRS is a SELLER status.

Thank you.

I still have questions if you don't mind.  So, are you saying basically i keep my status, but in the categories they want you to have Free Returns, i will lose my discount on those items?  

Will i lose my status on those listings as well if i don't offer free returns?  To me this is complicated, and i don't know why.

They said the free returns don't apply to "collectibles & Art"  is that collectibles alone?  For why would they lump those 2 categories together?  

So if i list something in Jewelry, they want me to offer Free Returns on that right?

Thank you!

You can’t be a top rated plusZ. It’s a listing status not a seller status. TRS requirements are not changing, you can keep everything the way it is and stay a top rated seller. If you want the TRS badge and the 10% FVF discount then you have to offer free returns. If you don’t offer free returns, you will still be a top rated seller. Your listing will not be TRS plus listings and you will lose the discount. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@missjen831 wrote:

@cad777864 wrote:

TRS is a SELLER status.

Thank you.

Thank you!

You can’t be a top rated plusZ. It’s a listing status not a seller status. TRS requirements are not changing, you can keep everything the way it is and stay a top rated seller. If you want the TRS badge and the 10% FVF discount then you have to offer free returns. If you don’t offer free returns, you will still be a top rated seller. Your listing will not be TRS plus listings and you will lose the discount. 

@missjen831 wrote:

@cad777864 wrote:

TRS is a SELLER status.

Thank you.

Thank you!

Okay, i get it now, to much information gets a answer to complicated.  Yours was straight up.

So, i have to check the categories they want this Free returns in basically.   

I do have one question.  When i read the categories that don't apply to this, it said COLLECTIBLES & ART.   Were they saying 2 different categories?   That both of them are exempt?

Thank you

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Were they saying 2 different categories?

That's what they're saying.  There are a few categories you can have No Returns (Gold Bullion, SIM cards...).

Scroll about 1/3 down this page:

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Okay, forget it, i got it.  Basically everything i sell i would have to offer free returns to keep my little 10% discount.  So, it's nothing more than a strong arm tactict to force you into this.

So in reality, i lose my discount.

Then guess what ebay, then i don't care anymore.  I will take care of people, but no longer jump thru hoops for you.

I will not aid and abet thieves to do bait and switch out of my pocket, for this is what this is ALL going to lead to.  A lot of sellers getting rocks back with the label they paid for.  

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

100% agree with you. All it takes is one or two returns and your 10% discount is worthless. 

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Okay, forget it, i got it.  Basically everything i sell i would have to offer free returns to keep my little 10% discount.

That's not my understanding, but I might be confused too!

You can keep TRS status, but you only get the discount on the items you offer Free Returns.  You don't have to offer Free Returns on all items, but you won't get the discount on the items you don't.

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@ted_200 wrote:

Okay, forget it, i got it.  Basically everything i sell i would have to offer free returns to keep my little 10% discount.

You can keep TRS status, but you only get the discount on the items you offer Free Returns.  You don't have to offer Free Returns on all items, but you won't get the discount on the items you don't.

@ted_200 wrote:

Everthing i sell will require Free Returns to keep discount.  So i am screwed.  Ooops, except for the ocasional book i sell.  Big deal.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

NOPE your wrong. You have to offer free returns on Books also. Its not considered Media according to ebay.... 

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

So the 10% is gone for me.  I am joining the masses.  Good way for ebay to get rid of it and still expect you to jump thru there hoops.  I don't think so!

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@scalemotorcars wrote:

NOPE your wrong. You have to offer free returns on Books also. Its not considered Media according to ebay.... 

This is not correct:

When you use freight shipping or sell items in the following categories, you need to offer 30-day or longer returns, but the buyer pays for return shipping:

• Books

ALWAYS be honest and exceedingly FAIR!

The Volunteer eBay Community Mentor formerly known as juanmogamer
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

In Collectibles & Art you can keep the TRS Plus on those listings with 14 day returns but again they have to be FREE

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 15 of 19
latest reply