cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Would Like To Open A Store On 2nd Account But.....

Been selling on this account for about 10 years. Have another account with no store with about 6 items at this time. Have 35 positive feedback. No negs or neutrals. Could easily add many more items. Right now I am limited to 50 items without being charged listing fees. When does eBay allow sellers to open a store with no limits (250 basic store BIN) on items? What determines this? feedback, sales, etc?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Since you're an established long term seller you should be able to call and have the limits raised. With a good established record the limit should be fairly high.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I don't have a store, but the way I understand it, eBay will "let" you subscribe to a store as long as you are in good standing. The main thing is whether your selling limits are large enough to support a store.  And of course, sales.  If your limit is 500 items per month, that would cover a basic store, but not a higher one.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I have one store and another account for the promotional listings. The store account of course never receives them, the other account gets them often, and my buying account gets the promos the most of course...twisted ebay thinking. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Since you're an established long term seller you should be able to call and have the limits raised. With a good established record the limit should be fairly high.

Thank you. I will check into this. however, the 2nd account is counted 50 items, but if I was to put in multi variation items ebay counts EACH multi item as 1 item. Meaning, it I was to put in a dress with 4 different sizes, ebay counts that as 4 items towards the 50. I will call ebay and see what they say, but sometimes they tell you one things and turns out not to be true.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You can open a basic store any time you like but you pay for it $20 a month for those 250 free listings.  It makes them about .13 each not free and any subsequent listing over 250 is .20 cents each.   You do get quarterly shipping materials like tape or whatever you choose to buy with the free coupons they give 4 times a year.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply