cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hurricane Ian

All postal service has been cancelled until further notice in many parts of Florida impacted by Hurricane Ian. 

I have been notifying all buyers that I will be unable to ship until at least Monday, and offering to cancel their order and refund if that is not acceptable to them.    I would also caution any seller against shipping to central Florida from west coast to east coast or has a package in transit to notify their buyers that delivery may likely be delayed.  

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Hurricane Ian

There was plenty of warning about the storm approaching. Why didn't you put your store on Time away, or at least extend your handling time, as you were advised when you posted yesterday?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Hurricane Ian

Kind of hard to do if you don't have a store.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Hurricane Ian

No, it isn't. If you had clicked on the link that I provided yesterday, you would see that Time Away can be used by any seller.  You're probably thinking of the old system of "Vacation" settings, which was replaced years ago.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Hurricane Ian

@uncseniorsportsfan wrote:

Kind of hard to do if you don't have a store.

No, you don't need a store to use the Time Away option.

I use it all the time when we're supposed to have bad weather.

I'd rather shut down for a little bit, then have to worry about getting orders shipped.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Hurricane Ian

Hey...nobody's perfect.  

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hurricane Ian

Hi There.  I have a store and had 4 items in this situation.  I have passed my deadline to ship, but contacted the buyers.  The buyers have been VERY supportive. Any idea how Ebay will handle that? Will they mark me as late?  Don't want to lose that top seller status.  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hurricane Ian

eBay usually makes an announcement AFTER they have had a chance to see how extensively the weather has affected sales and shipping. For instance, here's the announcement that they posted a day after Hurricane Fiona recently passed over Puerto Rico:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Seller-Protections-for-shipping-delays-due-to-Hurricane-...

Message 8 of 8
latest reply