cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transport camera batteries to the USA,Germany or Britain is more economical?

If I hand over the goods to the forwarder, do I need to worry about customs clearance and taxes?

We Chat / Phone 13760223252
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

How to transport camera batteries to the USA,Germany or Britain is more economical?

With eIS, eBay's own forwarder, your responsibility for delivery ends at the eIS plant.

Import fees are the responsibility of the buyer.

With other private freight forwarders, again your responsibility for delivery ends at the forwarder, but most forwarders deal with import fees as part of the service they offer their clients.

So.

No problem with the customs scam. You delivered to a US address.

If the buyer makes an NAD claim, you can demand return before refund as usual, BUT if you are told to send a Return Shipping Label, it is only addressed to the US address of the forwarder.

It's up to the buyer to get the disputed item to the forwarder and persuade/pay the forwarder to use the Return Label within the deadline.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You have more to worry about then customs and taxes. Please see the following USPS article. Notice especially that batteries which are IN a device seem to be OK but batteries which are OUT of an item are simply marked PROHIBITED.

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/Can-I-Ship-Lithium-Batteries

And also note that they refer to restrictions on "many" countries, not all countries.

NOW I would suggest you not think about pulling a fast one by saying that since you are shipping to a freight forwarder you are only mailing them to a U S address. The freight forwarder has the responsibility, and therefore the option, to send everything back to you as unmailable internationally.

RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH FIRST

Message 3 of 3
latest reply