cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get ebay to correct a transaction defect.

After reviewing last years transaction ledger provided by ebay I notice a couple instances where they did not refund the transaction fee for returned items.

Can someone please point me to a current link where I can request this be corrected?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

They did not always refund the fee -

It used to be if a seller refunded in full, the seller still ate the .30 fee.

I do not remember when last year that changed and the .30 was refunded but it was later in the year.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I should have been clearer - Final Value Fee.  This is refunded. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@lmf-llc wrote:

After reviewing last years transaction ledger provided by ebay I notice a couple instances where they did not refund the transaction fee for returned items.

Did you proactively accept the return, or did eBay decide the case and issue the refund? 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Was it a partial refund or a full refund.  It has only been recently since Ebay started giving us the FVF refund on a partial refund.  Also in cases where Ebay had to step in on the Return Request and force a seller to refund the buyer, they do not usually give the seller a credit on the FVFs.

As far as getting "defects" removed, whether or not you got your FVF refunded does not create a defect.  So what are you referring to as a "defect" you want removed and how old are they?  If it is older than about 60 days, it is highly unlikely that Ebay would consider doing anything as you waited too long.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 5
latest reply