cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to file an appeal as a seller on a closed case?

Hi Experts,

In eBay's resolution center, the status of a case with a buyer is "Case is closed. Payment made." I'd like to file an appeal (as the seller). If I click "see details" I'm taken to a page with a URL similar to:

https://www.ebay.com/res/Case/ViewCase?id=5229831309

At the bottom of the page it says "If you're not satisfied with this outcome, you can send us an appeal", which takes me to this documentation:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/appeal-ebays-decision-return-missing-item...

The documentation does not mention how to actually submit the appeal! eBay customer service removed their phone number, so the only way I can contact them is via email (which I did) but it is slow. Help appreciated for a fellow seller.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

The documentation does not mention how to actually submit the appeal! eBay customer service removed their phone number, so the only way I can contact them is via email (which I did) but it is slow. Help appreciated for a fellow seller.

That's what they're talking about.  See if customer service will help you out.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@tigerstyle72 wrote:

Hi Experts,

In eBay's resolution center, the status of a case with a buyer is "Case is closed. Payment made." I'd like to file an appeal (as the seller). If I click "see details" I'm taken to a page with a URL similar to:

@tigerstyle72 

"Case is closed. Payment made." is the outcome of an Unpaid Item Case when a buyer pays within the time allotted.

What exactly are you trying to appeal?

The buyer paid, you ship.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Appeals can only be filed by a seller after the case has been "closed." In this case, I'd like to file the appeal presenting new facts that were not considered. It's frustrating how ebay resolved the case 10 minutes after the buyer escalated to them without even asking me (the seller) for my side of the story.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@tigerstyle72 wrote:

It's frustrating how ebay resolved the case 10 minutes after the buyer escalated to them without even asking me (the seller) for my side of the story.

If buyer filed an INAD, Ebay doesn't really want to hear your side.

They want you to accept the return, provide return shipping, then refund once something is returned.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@tigerstyle72 wrote:

Appeals can only be filed by a seller after the case has been "closed." In this case, I'd like to file the appeal presenting new facts that were not considered. It's frustrating how ebay resolved the case 10 minutes after the buyer escalated to them without even asking me (the seller) for my side of the story.

What kind of case?

There is no appeal to be made for an Unpaid Item Case.

Why don't you tell us what happened? Give us the factual rundown and maybe we can help you with your appeal (if it's not a UP I)

On xx/xxxx this happened

On xx/xxxx this happened

Etc.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

so, the buyer paid, or did not pay?  why would you appeal, if the buyer paid?  do you not have the item any more?

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

The OP already has another topic explaining the reason for the appeal. The OP is gathering tons of broken electronics and selling them here as is. Buyers are trying to return the broken electronics and the OP want to appeal eBay's decision.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

The OP already has another topic explaining the reason for the appeal. The OP is gathering tons of broken electronics and selling them here as is. Buyers are trying to return the broken electronics and the OP want to appeal eBay's decision.

@coolections 

The message in the first post in this thread is not the wording that corresponds to a return … 

"Case is closed. Payment made."

That specific wording is an Unpaid Item Case … I think we've got 2 different things going on here, but the OP hasn't come back to this thread to explain 😞

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly 

I understand that but the OP started another thread and mentioned about all the returns his buyers are making him accept. I am assuming he wants to appeal some of those too. 😕

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I am in a similar situation. The buyer purchased an item I shipped the next day. For some reason the tracking never showed up the day that it was due to be delivered the buyer submitted an INR I did the find your missing mail on the USPS website but I got no response and since I showed no tracking either I went ahead and refunded it. Today literally the very next day in the morning I get the text message from US PS that says the items been delivered. What can I do to get my money back since I already refunded it if the buyer won’t respond? Can you appeal it?
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

The reason for the appeal does not matter.

eBay's documentation for filing an appeal as a seller does not specify how:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/appeal-ebays-decision-return-missing-item...

My emails to customer service are being ignored. Does anyone know what is going on?

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@tigerstyle72 wrote:

The reason for the appeal does not matter.

eBay's documentation for filing an appeal as a seller does not specify how:

My emails to customer service are being ignored. Does anyone know what is going on?

The link that you posted literally has a big blue button "Start an Appeal" with a list of things you need right under it.

CS doesn't work weekends and they are overloaded because phone service is unavailable.

The reason DOES MATTER.

Just give us the facts and we can try to help you.

Why are you being vague about this?

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@sarmyer_8 

Please start your own thread. Any suggestions or answers given here will only confuse the original posters issue and yours.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply