cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Remove Ebay International Shipping on Single listing?

I have enrolled in Ebay International Shipping.  But now I have a small piece of ephemera that  a buyer from Canada wants to purchase but Ebay International Shipping is showing that buyer a rather high cost for using that service and I can easily mail the paper in an envelope.  So I want to remove Ebay International Shipping but still want to be able to mail it myself for the cost of  a few stamps.  Just haven't found the solution, only solutions to remove all international options.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Create a new Shipping Policy to be assigned to this item, which has your own direct shipping to Canada, with or without EIS.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@m60driver wrote:

I have enrolled in Ebay International Shipping.  But now I have a small piece of ephemera that  a buyer from Canada wants to purchase but Ebay International Shipping is showing that buyer a rather high cost for using that service and I can easily mail the paper in an envelope.  So I want to remove Ebay International Shipping but still want to be able to mail it myself for the cost of  a few stamps.  Just haven't found the solution, only solutions to remove all international options.

You should be able to revise the listing to add your own direct Shipping method and leave eBay International Shipping where it is. Your buyer can then choose your (presumably cheaper) method when purchasing.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Not sure how but I found a way to change the listing from a small drop down menu on the right using the tried and true trial and error method.  But it has changed all my listings now to allow an alternative to EIS and so I can't retrace my steps.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The Universal Postal Union and many customs authorities are cracking down on merchandise being sent through international mail as letters partly if not largely because letters do not have customs documentation.

This item may get through to its Canadian destination as a letter, it may not.  Here in Canada, sellers of items such as trading cards are finding that some of their shipments to the US are getting returned to them by Canada Post because they’re being sent by letterpost rather than the Canadian equivalent of First Class Package International.

I don’t know how USPS is dealing with merchandise sent internationally by letterpost, but I just thought I should put that out there.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@m60driver wrote:

When i got auto enrolled, it added EIS to any listings that did not have direct international shipping. So if the direct shipping was there, buyers were able to purchase and that's what showed up for their shipping. And then they did some weird stuff where buyers could then choose their type of shipping (and I had a buyer pick EIS for a bunch of single items ship to Canada, when this can be combined and shipped directly).

I would think if you added a direct option for Canada that would at minimum give the buyer a choice on checkout, seeing as how now adding it doesn't override the EIS on the listings. I haven't had to deal with this since I opted out. I found out lots of what I sell can't ship with EIS anyway.

C.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

What you did do that, was rather than create a new policy, you altered an existing policy that will affect every listing it is linked to.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply