cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to REMOVE ACTIVE CONTENT with New Listing Tool

The old lister had a tool I used to remove active content from the Item Description box.  I copy my description from a word doc and paste into that box every time. Use to quickly remove all the word doc AC with that tool.

I was recently switched to the new lister and presumed AC was automatically removed since the old tool is gone. Apparently not as an email informed me that 15 listings all have AC. That's everything I've listed with the new version.

What a frustrating pain in the **bleep**. If it ain't broke, DON'T BREAK IT!

How do I remove Active Content now that the wonderful tool has been removed? Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

What "active content" are you removing?  It shouldn't be there to begin with, and the directive to remove active content was years ago.  IAC, I see no problem with your Christmas listings, if that's what your latest listings are.  Under the old system listings with active content usually had their descriptions hidden by a redirect - yours looks fine.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You can spot active content using this scanner then go to the description HTML edit window to remove what needs to be removed.

Go forward you may not want to use Word because it pulls in tons of HTML junk that's not needed. Use Notepad (PC) or TextEdit (Mac) instead. Open a file, go to the edit menu and 'make plain text' then type up your descriptions there. Paste into your eBay description and add formatting using eBay's editor. You can do that once and create an eBay template so it's faster next time.

You might find this page helpful:
https://www.ebay.com/sh/lst/active/active-content

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I copy my description from a word doc 

@bauble-babes 

Years ago when I used a program for wysiwyg html content, MS Word was the pits!  For some reason it added unnecessary/unneeded code that caused errors.  I went to the "freeware" Kompozer, and never had an issue again.  Just something to think about. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

THANKS TO ALL for your input! I've never used templates before, but explored last night and created some. No more MS word docs for eBay use! Onward Resell Soldier!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply