cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you find out your selling limits?

I see posts here all the time talking about selling limits and people throwing specific dollar amounts around as theirs. Where do you get this information about your accounts? I've never had a reason to look but am curious.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Mine are shown right on the seller hub, toward the middle of the page. Until I started using the hub a couple of years ago, I never knew what mine were.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Mine are shown right on the seller hub, toward the middle of the page. Until I started using the hub a couple of years ago, I never knew what mine were.

I use the seller hub. What block are they listed in?  Sales is in the center top of my page but I don't see anything about limits.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

If you don't see it, you can click customize at the top right and add it.

a969d7b0d6e8565e445805330493fcf2

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@esouthern*sweet*tea wrote:

@southern*sweet*tea 

Thanks so much for the help. I really appreciate it, however it is not there on my screen like it is on yours. You have 16 choices to customize. I have 15 on that section in my seller hub. They are all the same as yours except I don't have the monthly limits choice. I have account summary where you have monthly limits and where yours has account summary mine is blank. 

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

screenshot from my seller hubscreenshot from my seller hub

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

You may be grandfathered in?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@chipper01work wrote:

@esouthern*sweet*tea wrote:

@southern*sweet*tea 

Thanks so much for the help. I really appreciate it, however it is not there on my screen like it is on yours. You have 16 choices to customize. I have 15 on that section in my seller hub. They are all the same as yours except I don't have the monthly limits choice. I have account summary where you have monthly limits and where yours has account summary mine is blank. 

I had this same problem (15 choices instead of 16) some time ago on one of my accounts.  In fact, I have the same problem on this account and just haven't bothered to fix it.

Step 1) Reach out to the seller limit team.  The only way I know to do this is to follow the prompts to request higher limits staring at https://scgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?UpgradeLimits 

Step 2) Once you get them on the phone you need to explai that the choice to display seller limits is not in your seller hub.  They are unlikely to understand at first, so this part can be frustrating.

Step 3) If they don't come up with it on their own there's a "switch" for "display global limits" (or something simlar) that they can set on their side.  This will give you the 16th checkbox option for seller limits in seller hub.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Mine are on my seller dashboard. Myebay>selling, right there on the main page:

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Selling id's registered prior to 2011 have "hidden" limits unless they become inactive (no sales for 12 months). You can call eBay and request that they get displayed if you really want to know. Make sure you are sitting down because you may be shocked by the answer. Some old sellers who have requested their limit find they are in the hundreds of thousands (even Millions) of listings and sales, way more than they would ever use.

New selling accounts registered after 2011 have limits displayed by default and almost all start at 10 listings / $500 sales. New accounts that can be linked to older selling accounts can usually get an immediate boost if they ask.

In addition there are other types of limits which you cannot find out about until you hit them, Category limits and Velocity limits are two of them.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@missjen831 wrote:

Mine are on my seller dashboard. Myebay>selling, right there on the main page:

Mine are there on my other two IDs, which are newer than this one.

I never knew I had a selling limit on this ID until I started using the seller hub. It's 750/$15000, and I will never, EVER come remotely close to that lol

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

My selling limit is 5.8 million a month.

Guess I need to up my game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrM39m22jH4

I got a nice G-6 for sale

But we keep it on ebay...

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Thanks everyone for shedding some light on this. I guess mine will stay hidden 'cause I aint calling eBay over it. I have never bumped up against any limits so it is not an issue, I was just curious since I see people talking about them often.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@chipper01work

This is one of the ebay calls that goes easy.

You can call every month and ask them to up your limits.

I only had to do it a couple times when I first started selling.

Then ebay just started to increase them.

5.8 million a month limit... beer came out of my nose.

For all the bad rap that CS gets, this one is easy.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

It's at the top of ALL SELLING; I imagine it is in the Seller Hub as well.

It will give you a break down of your listing count and dollar amount as far as limits.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply