cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do they do it?

So i was looking to buy a dress, i did my normal things like, clicked on only us, then i find one that i liked, i clicked on the item but fb was 95% and nothing wrong with that but i just wanted to see why, well its because its coming from china, most of the NFB is (it take too long to get the item or never got to item) :I Really, it said new jersey usa, but profile says china, i mean, ok its fine with me that they sale that is not my bussines of course we all trying to make some money but why lie, how many people bought items thinking they got their item from us saler and that for me is not ok. 

So how tha heck do they do it? 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

How do they do it?

eBay doesn't care apparently. Their "future is China". They've stated it over and over.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

How do they do it?

I think somehow they get away with this loophole by maybe having or claiming to have a "distribution" center in places like New Jersey, California, Florida, etc, and can claim that is where the item is coming from, when in actuality it's just coming from China.

I'm not sure what addresses they are using for their supposed US "warehouses", which in many cases obviously do not even exist, but apparently they are somehow getting around the blocks ebay has in place so that a seller shouldn't be able to lie about his/her location.

I agree with you that it is infuriating. I think I am currently dealing with a seller who claims to have a distributuon center in California but I believe the item will say it came directly from China and if that is indeed the case they will be receiving negative feedback as well.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

How do they do it?

Well that is sad. i know this is all business but come on they lie straight to our face like that, it makes me sick.
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

How do they do it?

@siler_j wrote:

i just wanted to see why, well its because its coming from china, most of the NFB is (it take too long to get the item or never got to item) :I Really, it said new jersey usa, but profile says china,

So how tha heck do they do it? 

There's a simple explanation - it is because the "item location" and the "seller's location" can be two entirely different things. 

This can happen legitimately when a seller in one location but is drop-shipping his items from another location. In those cases, the item location is supposed to represent where the item is shipping from, not where the seller is. 

Unfortunately this is also used illegitimately by sellers who want to misrepresent the location of their items. 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

How do they do it?

well i don't blame you on the fb, but something needs to be done about this.
Some one i don't know who but somebody should do something about this lie, and like i said before i don't care that they sale but not like this.
Thanks for the info 🙂
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

How do they do it?

@siler_j wrote:
well i don't blame you on the fb, but something needs to be done about this.
Some one i don't know who but somebody should do something about this lie, and like i said before i don't care that they sale but not like this.
Thanks for the info 🙂

The negatives for "slow" or "did not get item" could be from item location misrepresentation, or they could be from correctly listed items and he just has a bad dropshipper.

So the possibilities are: 

• the seller dropships all items and all his listings are legitimate;
  • the seller dropships some items and all his listings are legitimate;
  • the seller misrepresents the location of all his listings;
  • the seller misrepresents the location of some of his listings. 

From the information you posted, it is hard to tell which one applies to this particular seller. 

But all that aside - eBay is never going to prevent sellers from having an item location that differs from the seller location, because there are too many legitimate sellers who fall into that situation. 

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

How do they do it?

So that means, now on not only click on us only but i have to check make sure i am really getting the item i want from us seller in us and not so far away country, wow ok thanks i get it now. I never knew they could do that, and i sell here too lol, i kind of feel stupid not knowing how they do that.
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

How do they do it?

@siler_j wrote:
So that means, now on not only click on us only but i have to check make sure i am really getting the item i want from us seller in us and not so far away country

Only if that matters to you 🙂

I can generally tell by the item I am buying whether I can trust the seller to deliver. 

If I am buying a Japanese pressing of a 1990s compact disc from a seller in China for $5 with free shipping, I have no problem because I find that they are always legitimate and they always arrive. 

But if I was buying a swimming pool filter or a battery charger for my laptop, I would steer clear because for a pool filter the cost of a return would be too high, and for the charger I would not want to set my laptop on fire with a junk counterfeit.  

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

How do they do it?

The item says comes from new jersey but seller is in china, so for that, if the profile says seller in china then am gonna assume item coming from china
I get it, they make it look like its coming from us so they can be visible all the time no mater what.
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

How do they do it?

Thank ya'll for all the informations 🙂
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

How do they do it?

@siler_j wrote:
The item says comes from new jersey but seller is in china, so for that, if the profile says seller in china then am gonna assume item coming from china
I get it, they make it look like its coming from us so they can be visible all the time no mater what.

Or they are dropshipping it from a supplier in New Jersey.

All you can do is decide what is best for you. 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

How do they do it?

@luckythewinner wrote:

@siler_j wrote:
The item says comes from new jersey but seller is in china, so for that ... .

Or they are dropshipping it from a supplier in New Jersey....

And that's why you should check the seller's feedback BEFORE you bid/buy.  A feedback rating of 95% for a high feedback seller is actually pretty bad, I wouldn't say "nothing wrong with that".

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

How do they do it?

I noticed that too.   At least you discovered it before you purchased.  They rent warehouses in the USA and “ship” from there so they can claim they are USA.   I also see China sellers put on their photos (which EBAY says we aren;t allowed to put words on our photos) but they put “USA STOCK”.       They are doing this because they know some people do not want to buy items from China.  Either due to the hassles of shipping from China and the horrible stories that came from that, and other people, strictly out of principal that do not want to give their money to China sellers.

So, yes.   Even though you check “US ONLY” you will also have to double check before you hit the “buy” button if you want to avoid China sellers.     If this ever happened to me, I would certainly put in FB “This is a CHINA seller” to help others.   Most people, though, don’t check that.

How do they do it?

I am retiring next month but understanding this location situation, I started putting on my listings,: “GUARANTEED SUPERIOR CUSTOMER CARE AT GRANNYWITH6~~USA PENNSYLVANIA SELLER~~SELLING FOR OVER A DECADE” I realize you are a buyer, but I think us legitimate USA sellers need to blast our ads with something like this!
Message 15 of 16
latest reply