cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I extend a return time window for a customer?

I had a customer who lives where the eye of the storm was and exactly on the edge of the water (per map of their address). He requested a return but the return window past and was closed by eBay because the customer wasn't responsive. I assume they're in distress since they're not responding to anything. Can I reopen the return option for them in the future when they hopefully respond? If this was a cheap item i'd just refund them but this was very expensive. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

No once an ebay case is closed there is no way on ebay to open another one, but your buyer can request a return for refund via Paypal for up to 180 days. 

Here is hoping they are ok , so many lost so much 😞 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@dealsagent wrote:

I had a customer who lives where the eye of the storm was and exactly on the edge of the water (per map of their address). He requested a return but the return window past and was closed by eBay because the customer wasn't responsive. I assume they're in distress since they're not responding to anything. Can I reopen the return option for them in the future when they hopefully respond? If this was a cheap item i'd just refund them but this was very expensive. 

Have them return it anyway and refund them through PayPal. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply