cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ho Ho Ho everyone!!  Time for Secret Pal !

Ho Ho Ho everyone!!  Time for Secret Pal !  Time to  set aside work and  have a little fun among ourselves!  

Secret Pal is relatively simple.. once everyone is signed up... I`ll have Google random number generator draw assigned numbers( starts with the first person that signs up and ends with the last person signing up on the deadline) and  you will be given the name of your giftee via the Private Messages here on the board, make sure you check your messages.

Then shop to your heart`s content  (we all have stashes of stuff around the house  and  we all LOVE to shop thrift stores. Don't go overboard with expensive items.. most people send out a large Priority Box packed full of all kinds of goodies. Gifts can be something you made or already have, or from the thrift store, Goodwill, flea market or yard sale. A gift value of about $15 is suggested but how much we invest in the gift is totally up to each of us.

There will also be a thread started for Likes & Dislikes.. that way all Secret  Pals will have an idea of what to get.  Main thing is don't overspend & have fun  fun fun!  

And this year, to help support the secret pal gift exchange eBay is providing a $10 egift card to help offset the cost of shipping for participants. Once everyone is signed up, eBay will randomly select up to 50 participants to receive a gift card. It’s another reason to join in the fun during this holiday season.

We will have a Big Reveal Party Day where we can open our goodies  (no cheating..!!!) and we take pics of our loot..I mean  gifts.. & post them in a Reveal Thread that will begin on day set.  This year we will have a Zoom room for the party!

Here`s the schedule:

Like and Dislike Thread from Dec 4th thru Dec 7th. The faster you provide this information the faster your Pal gets to  shop and have fun!

You will receive a message with the name of your giftee Monday, Dec 7th 

BOXES SHOULD BE MAILED OUT BY DEC 14th or sooner

BIG REVEAL PARTY WILL BE DEC 23rd via Zoom for those that can't attend Zoom there will be a dedicated board to post your goodies1

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

brian@ebay 

tyler@ebay 

brittanie@ebay 

Could we get this thread back onto the Selling board, please? That's where it's been every year since I've been around. While it is not about selling in any way, shape or form, it's never going to get the exposure it deserves buried here on the eBay Cafe board.

And maybe it could even be pinned to the top of that board? IIRC, it has been pinned to the top of the Selling board in previous years.

The thread started off on the Selling board, and no offense intended to the moderator who moved it. I think s/he just wasn't aware this Secret Pal gift exchange is a community tradition.

Thanks, and I hope members of the Community Team participate again this year! (I know exactly what I'd get Tyler.)

Message 16 of 69
latest reply

I would like to be included. Thanks Patty!

Message 17 of 69
latest reply

@pburn 

I asked if this thread could move back to the Seller board, too.  And we have a positive response to our question.  It is back on the Selling board where it will get more attention.  Yippee, let the FUN begin!

ETA  Oh good it is pinned to the top of the board, too.

Message 18 of 69
latest reply

@theshoppingmom2 

Count me in too please.

I joined last year for the first time and it was loads of fun😍

Message 19 of 69
latest reply

Hi, I would love to participate! Please count me in!

Message 20 of 69
latest reply

Count me in too, please!

Message 21 of 69
latest reply

This does sound like lighthearted holiday fun - I'm in please!

Message 22 of 69
latest reply

@pburn  thank you for catching this!  

We have permission from eBay to do this  so I do not understand why the moderator moved it... glad is back on the selling board!

Message 23 of 69
latest reply

@mcdougle4248  thanks !! 

I will ask Brian to pin it to the top

Message 24 of 69
latest reply

@theshoppingmom2 

You're welcome. 

P.S. It's already pinned, so I think we're good to go . . .

Message 25 of 69
latest reply

I've read your post at least 7 times, and I still don't understand how it works. 

Message 26 of 69
latest reply

Message 27 of 69
latest reply

@theshoppingmom2 

You're welcome!

Message 28 of 69
latest reply

Count me in 🙂

giphy

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 29 of 69
latest reply

Hi Madison ,

we sign up and then  each of us gets a name and we shop for that person. We then send  our gift to that person and we wait to the reveal day , where everyone opens their packages and shares the goodies they got

Message 30 of 69
latest reply