cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey!! Here's a Novel Idea!!

When a Seller puts their store on vacation, how about it goes on vacation without the seller having to jump through extra hoops?

The default would be all listings hidden and no sales possible, no messages, etc.  There could be options if the seller wishes to enable messages or allow some sales for items they may be able to take with them.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@chrysylys wrote:

When a Seller puts their store on vacation, how about it goes on vacation without the seller having to jump through extra hoops?

The default would be all listings hidden and no sales possible, no messages, etc.  There could be options if the seller wishes to enable messages or allow some sales for items they may be able to take with them.

No matter what default you would set a good portion of users would want the opposite as the default.

I use the Vacation setting frequently, there is no default for me, sometimes I want items hidden and sometimes I don't.

Now how about a truly novel idea......sellers should read and understand ALL the instructions provided, I don't find them complicated at all.

"Extra hoops" = Tick a box!

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I like the first part but not the second. If a seller goes on vacation, all views, sales, and communication stops on ALL listings UNTIL the seller comes back to life. One click no fuss no mess.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I absolutely agree with OP! Default should cease sales activity, NOT leave them open. If your store is open its open....closed its closed! Only EBAY would be so inept to change this default (which WAS originally that sales ceased!) in its efforts to help their bottom line, and punish the unaware seller as he will no doubt ship the item late and be penalized for it in metrics, or worse.....the present default sets the stage for an unhappy buyer.)

So, why in the world would a seller leave sales active and let buyers know your "on vacation" anyhow? Logically there would be no need to even use the vacation setting if your a drop shipper, or desire your store to be open and sales to continue as normal?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

@chrysylyswrote:

No matter what default you would set a good portion of users would want the opposite as the default.

I use the Vacation setting frequently, there is no default for me, sometimes I want items hidden and sometimes I don't.

Now how about a truly novel idea......sellers should read and understand ALL the instructions provided, I don't find them complicated at all.

"Extra hoops" = Tick a box!

Yes, some would always not like the default, but as sellers we should have SOME control over vacation settings... other than just hiding.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@traderhill wrote:

I absolutely agree with OP! Default should cease sales activity, NOT leave them open. If your store is open its open....closed its closed! Only EBAY would be so inept to change this default (which WAS originally that sales ceased!) in its efforts to help their bottom line, and punish the unaware seller as he will no doubt ship the item late and be penalized for it in metrics, or worse.....the present default sets the stage for an unhappy buyer.)

So, why in the world would a seller leave sales active and let buyers know your "on vacation" anyhow? Logically there would be no need to even use the vacation setting if your a drop shipper, or desire your store to be open and sales to continue as normal?

Not to mention how ebay would make no exceptions in regards to the Returns processing times... Oh you set yourself a 14 day vacation setting? Well here's a buyer who just filed a return on the 1st day of your vacation. You are required to accept it, receive the item, and refund the buyer before you even get back home. No exceptions.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/selling-db.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply