cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have your sales after Labor Day been horrific????

Mine has just been 2 and yours?

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Here?  Or do you want to know about other sites, too?

I have faced the fact that ebay has dropped my sales allotment by a third around April.  My ebay sales have been rolling along that track, even with Harvey, Irma, wildfires and floods upheaving around 10% of the US population wo are victims or helping.

But on the other site, sales are up with no problems whatsoever.

(*Bleep*)
Message 2 of 49
latest reply

Thank you

Message 3 of 49
latest reply

2 Sales all month long, Then 6 sales in 1 day (a record for me) best thing to do is just keep listing. Good Luck to you.

Message 4 of 49
latest reply

Things have been very slow lately - so I'm going fishing...

Well not really fishing, just taking a break.

One of my store accounts only sold enough to cover the ebay store fees... LOL.
No traffic, no sales.
But I'm optimistic things will pick up closer to Christmas.
Meantime I'm going to enjoy some down time and just put a few new things. Let things sit for a minute, evaluate what things need not be relisted and adjust prices for later.

Thank god I have been able to get real work otherwise I would be pouting right about now.

Hope you are all doing well!

(or at least better than me, I'm not jealous)

Just a humble seller.
Message 5 of 49
latest reply

Last week of August and first week of September were very slow, but with vacations, the holiday, "back to school" activities, and hurricanes, that's not surprising. They're back to normal now.

Message 6 of 49
latest reply

Yesterday, one here - 8 there.

(*Bleep*)
Message 7 of 49
latest reply

Same with my sales lately . I was selling just okay and then bam ! 11 sales in just 24 hours . Very happy its picking up for everyone. 

Message 8 of 49
latest reply

@cupidsandcherubs3 wrote:

Mine has just been 2 and yours?

I can't see any rhyme or reason. One week up a lot next week down. I'm in a down right now, just waiting for the up. It seems to work itself out though.

Message 9 of 49
latest reply

Considering Harvey and Irma have affected two of the most populous states in Sept.  I am surprised that my sales have been fairly normal for the month so far. 

Message 10 of 49
latest reply

July was awesome, August about 30% less, September is criminal. One a day, if i am lucky, yet my competitor sells same items for about 25% higher price than mine, and they are making a killing.

Our listings are identical, only difference is they have more feedback. I offer same day shipping, they offer two days handling, but still, buyers buy from them rather than me. I am puzzled, so i decided no more price slashing nor sales, i am gonna keep my prices up. I think ebay tends to push sellers with more feedback, which is unfair. I go out of my freaking way to keep buyers happy, even to the point where i answer their questions at 3 am!

I don't think being an awesome, caring seller gets much rewarded by ebay these days 😞

Message 11 of 49
latest reply

July was less than average. August was great. September has been dismal to worse than dismal...

Message 12 of 49
latest reply

Yes.  Current sales numbers are stinko.  However, I absolutely decline to believe that they will remain that way. 

Despite being in the middle of pneumonia, I'm preparing new listings to post.  I figure that I've gotta list to sell and I can't blame the system for what I fail to do myself.

Message 13 of 49
latest reply

Usually have 10-15 sales a day. I have had 6 total since last Friday. What the hell is happening with Ebay?

Message 14 of 49
latest reply

@zzydny wrote:

Yes.  Current sales numbers are stinko.  However, I absolutely decline to believe that they will remain that way. 

Despite being in the middle of pneumonia, I'm preparing new listings to post.  I figure that I've gotta list to sell and I can't blame the system for what I fail to do myself.

Same here. When I relist I see too many stale listings and I just haven't kept with with listing fresh material. I've listed hard elsewhere and sales are better there. 

Message 15 of 49
latest reply