cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Dealing with a new Ebay Buyer

Recently sold an inexpensive item to a buyer, who just joined Ebay.  She messaged me around 5 times with the same message - "This is a Childrens Top - doesn't fit me.  OK - I responded with just take a pic of the item with a tape measure, I was curious  to see if she was right. Evidently she didn't know how to send a pic after several attempts.  She said - "Oh you don't accept returns".    I said " If I made a mistake with the size, I will definitely accept a return.  That same day I messaged her and told her to start the return and I will accept it.   Eventually she did start a return -including a Pic, and I accepted it right away including a mailing label.   Never heard anything for a while and then got a Message from Ebay, that the buyer asked them to step in - I'm sure she didn't know how to go about using the label or the return process.   Ebay closed the case, giving her the refund and not charging me for anything.   So glad to get this buyer out of my life.  and Glad it didn't cost me anything.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Putting aside the size claims, I'd say the problem is not that she's new to eBay, it's that she's not great with computers.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Maybe she was expecting the return label to come in the actual USPS mail.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@umoraski wrote:

Recently sold an inexpensive item to a buyer, who just joined Ebay.  She messaged me around 5 times with the same message - "This is a Childrens Top - doesn't fit me.  OK - I responded with just take a pic of the item with a tape measure, I was curious  to see if she was right. Evidently she didn't know how to send a pic after several attempts.  She said - "Oh you don't accept returns".    I said " If I made a mistake with the size, I will definitely accept a return.  That same day I messaged her and told her to start the return and I will accept it.   Eventually she did start a return -including a Pic, and I accepted it right away including a mailing label.   Never heard anything for a while and then got a Message from Ebay, that the buyer asked them to step in - I'm sure she didn't know how to go about using the label or the return process.   Ebay closed the case, giving her the refund and not charging me for anything.   So glad to get this buyer out of my life.  and Glad it didn't cost me anything.

Only thing - will you get an unresolved case defect for this?

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Only thing - will you get an unresolved case defect for this?

Nah. eBay sent the buyer a courtesy refund. If seller was getting an unresolved case the refund would have come from the seller, and nothing in what they said indicates a reason for an unresolved case. Seller accepted return and provided a label, buyer didn't ship, buyer probably complained to CS and CS gave her a refund to appease her.

I have no idea but I'm guessing it was the $5 let it be sweatshirt? I looked up the brand name and it doesn't look like they make children's clothing.

I'd report the buyer for misusing the MBG if they filed a SNAD. If the buyer makes a habit of filing a SNAD for a doesn't fit remorse return then it will help the next seller to report it.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

No Unresolved Case Defect yet - Ebay told me the refund wouldn't go against me.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Not sure who you spoke to on eBay's CS staff.  But just a word of caution:  Some of the CS reps will tell you anything to get you off the phone and move on to the next caller so they can tell him anything to get him off the phone.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I knew it wasn't a Childs Sweatshirt - however I checked the listing and I neglected to put the measurement around the bustline,  which I always do.   So that's why I accepted a Return right away - I'm glad the item was only $5.00.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply