cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had accident, unable to ship and contacted buyers if they wanted to wait r refund

I am 76 live alone and have been selling my personal book collection on ebay for 20 years with an  above standard rating as well as 100% feedback But in the middle of December 2023 I silipped while taking out recyclables and broke my femur I had surgery and was hospitaized and then sent to a rehab home for severa weeks I did not accept home healthcare and it was awhie before I was strong enough to carry packages  I was able to contact my buyers and tell them the situation and ask if they would wait for their purchases or wanted a refund. Most I am happy t o say said they would wait . I finally shipped the last of them last week; It took the longest because it weighed 18 pounds 
2 days ago I discvered ebay had restricted my account,  drastically cutting the number of listings in my starter store  Since I am not a business and have a rather special collection of books I do not have high volume and cannot be sure when an item will sell Yet I do rely upon these sales to support my  retirement income 
I talked to CSR and explained that it was due to measures beyond my control that I had so many late and unfulfilled transactions but could not get any help with the restrictions on my account (they can see the messages between me and my buyers   see I had notified them and their replies ) I can also offer proof  of my injury and care They have no policy and procedure to frorgive a seller such as myself who worrked with their buyers t o complete the transactions but will still penaize me anyway? 
I have no idea what I have to d oto get my good rating back  I am unlikely to have many sales at this time of year  and it is even less likely now that I am restricted in my iisting .All I want is to have the 250 listings per month back  that I  have been paying for all pf these years Can anyone tell me who to appeal to?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Had accident, unable to ship and contacted buyers if they wanted to wait r refund

Thanks I did not let ebay know of my accident;only the buyers However it has access to all messages  among us And I am not clear that letting ebay know earlier would have impacted the penalty

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Yes that is true But do you know how long I will be in the penaltybox if I only make a sae r 2 each month?

Message 17 of 17
latest reply