cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Negative feedback

Hi, I guess it is inevitable that we all get negative feedback at some point, but I'm wondering if there is anything I can do about this.  

Negative feedback reads:

Very tiny punch and was broken when received

First of all, the first indication that I have that anything is wrong with this transaction is the negative feedback.  No request for return, no contact to let me know that this was not what she expected.  (These border punches are all basically the same size, although the size of the border itself can differ in depth and complexity). My photo is pretty good though and I do state the depth of the border in the description).

Anyway, do I have any options here?   My first inclination was to send a message indicating that I would be happy to accept a return and pay shipping.  I would also plan to mention that these border punches have a little lever in the back so that they are flat for storage and transport, so you have to move the lever in order to use the punch (yes, it's basic, but if you're unfamiliar with these then you might not know that).  Alternatively, if the punch is broken, then provide a picture and I'll provide a refund.    My goal here would be to fix this transaction so that the buyer would change her feedback.

Or, do I just write a response to the feedback such as "buyer was welcome to return the item at my expense, but chose not to."

What is the appropriate response? I've never gotten a negative just out of the blue.... Thanks for your help! Sandy

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

HELP! Negative feedback

Your response is good should you want to leave it. Everyone here runs their business as they see fit, I would refund your buyer 100%, wait a day or so, then send feedback revision request. For the amount of this sale, which is under $10, it's worth a try. By the way, there are some sellers here, for years, who have never received bad feedback. It's how you handle problems like these that defines just how you run your business. Good Luck to you.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

HELP! Negative feedback

Thanks for your response.  I am thinking of just emailing them to make sure that the item is truly broken although I don't see any reason to lie about it and it was very inexpensive not to mention not a high scam item anyway!  LOL.  Then I may just refund.  During any of our communication, can I mention the negative feedback?

For example,

Hi buyer,

I noticed that you left me a negative feedback concerning a punch I sold you last week.  As a seller, I try to do my best for customers.  You said that the punch is broken -- I just wondered if you had tried to unlatch the latch on the back that keeps it flat.  It won't work as long as the safety latch is closed. Sometimes these safety latches are hard to work if you're not familiar with this type of punch.  Let me know if that works. Otherwise, I plan to refund your complete purchase.  Again, I apologize for the broken punch and want you to know that I want to make this right for you. Sincerely, Sandy

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

HELP! Negative feedback

No, do not mention negative feedback in your response, Delete the first line and start with  "As a seller....." the rest looks great. Some buyers here very hard to please, and I myself have bent over to avoid such feedback. Every seller here has stories about a customer from hell, but most handle it very well and overcome. I've never had bad feedback in the 6 years I've been here, but would never say what it took to keep it that way. Good Luck.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply