cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good till Cancelled - I canceled all fo them few days before ending and they reapeared it now

Hello there,

Several topics with Good till canceled but I didnt find the one with the problem as mine.

Last month I got email from ebay - promotion for international market. You write one listing and it is appearing in several ebays (com, ca, it, au...). They appeared and been active and 3 days before they supposed to end - I canceled them because I didnt want tot think  about it the last day and didnt want to relist it. They appeared in Unsold items so i thought all is ok.

But, today - I saw all of them relisted! So, now I have several free listings less and also some fee paid (AU listing is not free i think)

The damage is done but can someone tell me what exactly to do this not to happen to me next month again? How definetely and finally to delete/cancel/finish those listings?

Thanks in advance!

Ivan

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Good till Cancelled - I canceled all fo them few days before ending and they reapeared it now

We have called on the same problem.  Most are saying its a glitch.  Some say its some kind of ebay ghost relisting our items .  Either way its very difficult to deal with.  Since its happen to us more than many times we dont use the relist tool at all .  We keep it deleted at all times.  It has not happen since.  Best regards

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Are you talking about webinterpret? That company partnered with ebay and has done a whole lot of damage with its "service". Search their company name.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@annasunicorns wrote:
Are you talking about webinterpret? That company partnered with ebay and has done a whole lot of damage with its "service". Search their company name.

That was my thought as well.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

You need to contact Webinterpret and be very clear you do not want their service, and you need to remove their token from your site preferences.  Check it every day because it has been known to pop back in.  If they tell you they need you to add the token to be removed, do not do that.  

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I just Revoke the authorizations on Site preferences for all - looking suspicios - (market) tools... Also from eBay tool - eBay for bussiness  (ebaymag) (after deleting the listing there).

Now I need to wait 28 days to see if all this s..t will happen again and then I will inform you.

Thanks to all for the answers!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

eBay changed its platform & not only did the pic program get a downgrade but so did the entire system which without rhyme or reason throws sold & ended listings back up unaware to the seller.  It’s horribly unpredictable & eBay needs to fix it or the cancelation policy to where we as sellers are able to fix their boo boo without consequences.   They keep ending these threads about it w/o fixing the issue I’ve noted also. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@epicurus001 wrote:

I just Revoke the authorizations on Site preferences for all - looking suspicios - (market) tools... Also from eBay tool - eBay for bussiness  (ebaymag) (after deleting the listing there).

Now I need to wait 28 days to see if all this s..t will happen again and then I will inform you.

Thanks to all for the answers!

Just as a 'heads-up', when this happened a few months ago, it was mentioned, more than a few times, that it was also a matter of having to notify webinterpret to discontinue using their service on a seller's listings. 

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

You're welcome!

'Don't forget to contact Webinterpret as I said and tell them you do not want their services.  Just removing the token isn't enough, you have to tell them.  If they tell you to remove you, you have to add the token, do not do that, and keep checking to be sure that token does not reappear.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

IIRC if the token is still active Webinterpret can remove the listings once notified, but if the token is removed the seller has to remove the listings themselves.

The OP needed to contact Webinterpret to cancel the free trial. Just ending the listings on ebay did nothing.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply