cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Until Cancelled Listing are continuing to show as listed after the last of an item was sold

For approximately one month now Good Until Cancelled Listing are continuing to show after the last of an item was sold. We have to go in manually and end the listing. We believe no more of those items could be sold since the quantity available was shown as zero (0). But we had one listing where three of an item were initially listing and sold down until the last one sold, where the listing suddenly went back to the original (initial)  listing quantity of three (3). Had we not been right on top of this one listing, we would have most likely received a defect for cancelling a sale where we did everything correctly but e$Bay's glitch prone system didn't work correctly.

Beware all sellers of this glitch.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Good Until Cancelled Listing are continuing to show as listed after the last of an item was sold

Do you have the out of stock option enabled? It keeps a GTC listing active even when qty goes down to 0.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Try this...click your "account" tab, then click "site preferences", The very first thing in the column should be "Sell your item form and listings". Click "show". Uncheck "use the out of stock option" if it is checked and click "apply". See if that solves your issue.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

You beat me to it LOL.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@lovtaco0 wrote:

Do you have the out of stock option enabled? It keeps a GTC listing active even when qty goes down to 0.

No - since we do not sell the same items over and over.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

To both responders

Yes that site preference was showing as "Yes". We turned it off. But the question now is how did it get turned on to "Yes."  We have not been in site preferences since the jan timeframe of this year and the listing ending were working perfectly up until a month ago>

Is this one of those glitches self imposed by eBay where they default a seller's listing to??

@thingsoldandnew10 wrote:

@lovtaco0 wrote:

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Gremlins.

eBay is one of the glitchiest sites on the entire internet.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

To both responders

Yes that site preference was showing as "Yes". We turned it off. But the question now is how did it get turned on to "Yes."  We have not been in site preferences since the jan timeframe of this year and the listing ending were working perfectly up until a month ago>

Is this one of those glitches self imposed by eBay where they default a seller's listing to??

@lovtaco0 wrote:

It`s really hard to say how it happened but if you are the only one with your account password besides ebay.....you have your answer. Besides glitches, Ebay does whatever they see fit with someones listings. They are adding the "best offer" option to some sellers listings without their knowledge or willingness. They have also done the same with opting many into programs like the global shipping program and guaranteed delivery without the sellers knowledge. I find I`m constantly "baby sitting" my listings to ensure they are correct and show the way I intended.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@hillbillymedia

Hi, and soon (if not going on already) their AI will be moving your item from the Category you selected since their AI will determine the "best fit." Can't wait for that debacle with the possibility their AI move will be a charge to your account. Yes, you have to baby sit your items each and every day.  For volume sellers, I don't know how they will keep up. 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 9 of 9
latest reply