cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting stuck trying to switch to business account at adding benecifical owner.

I have a single entity LLC, started switching to business account and after adding my own info, it stops me and says "you must add a beneficial owner" meaning a secondary stakeholder. But Im the only one and it wont let me move forward, ebay help hasnt been much help yet.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Have you tried putting your name in again? As in twice?

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Yep, it says " you already entered this person", ebay help actually suggested putting anyone in even if they arent actually a shareholder, which i figured i could do just trying to keep it simple and legal.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Have you tried using your middle name on one and not on the other?

Other than that, I have no idea. You might want to go over to ebay for business on Facebook. They are real ebay employees. 

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

My hypothesis is that you intended to select a Single Owner LLC and mistakenly selected a Partnership LLC. That would account for the requirement to input more than one individual. Unfortunately, I cannot coach you through the exact steps to go back and correct that selection.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

The phone reps do not work for eBay so don't bother with them. They work for a subcontractor out of Utah.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@logalexllc,

Don't proceed with entering someone else if you are intending to use the Schedule C to report your taxes, because that is for sole proprietors only. If you continue with registering multiple owners, then you will need to file a separate business tax report with the IRS. That will not be "simple".

As @onlinecentral  suggested, you smut have incorrectly selected a Partnership LLC instead of a Single Owner one.

You need to back up and start over, and make sure that you select a single owner LLC this time.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Unfortunately while this is happening I can see that I selected “single entity llc” as it’s posted on the right side of the screen. Perhaps I still selected something wrong previously , thanks for your help.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Please let us know how this goes. It’s an unusual situation. 

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

For sure will be trying to the eBay for business help today.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

As expected it was my own dumb mistake, near start of process it asks for your role, as a single person llc my role is Director AND Beneficial Owner. You must select both at start, if you try to add yourself on second page it wont let you.

thanks for all your help!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply