cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Listings Farce

It's really starting to get irritating to keep getting all these marvelous free listing offers....WHEN ITS FOR MERCHANDISE TYPES I  DON'T HAVE AND I HAVE NEVER SOLD.   Fashion ?  Really?   Professional ELECTRONICS Gear offering me a whopping 1,000 free listings....I DON'T HAVE ONE single item I can sell !     If you can't give me something I can use eBay, then YOU have given me nothing.

It just so darn frustrating.... we're on a social security income and the 50 free listings a month mean a lot to us.  We appreciate those 50 free listings, because we can't afford to spend 30 cents a listing for our antiques which are now selling at the whopping rate of 5 % of listings at prices where we're not doing anything but getting our money back....  NOW please don't tell me to sell other things.... I DON"T HAVE OTHER THINGS.  For us to spend speculative $ to try to buy "Fashion" or "Professional Electronics" to hit a one time selling offer on eBay makes zero sense.

Yes I'm just griping because I really could sure use the 500 or 1000 free listings for "THINGS I HAVE TO SELL"  and all eBay is doing is raising my frustration level by offering me listings I can never use.   Really eBay I'd rather not get those meaningless offers.        Thanks, and sorry to gripe because selling here really helps us make ends meet.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Free Listings Farce

@tdebuys wrote:

we're on a social security income and the 50 free listings a month mean a lot to us.  We appreciate those 50 free listings, because we can't afford to spend 30 cents a listing for our antiques

Start a second selling account and get another 50 free listings. Repeat as necessary. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Free Listings Farce

At least be happy you get free listing promotions at all...I'm sure you still get the ones for any items still sometimes. 😉

https://bio.link/langs
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Free Listings Farce

@tdebuys wrote:

we're on a social security income and the 50 free listings a month mean a lot to us.  We appreciate those 50 free listings, because we can't afford to spend 30 cents a listing for our antiques

Start a second selling account and get another 50 free listings. Repeat as necessary. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Free Listings Farce

To make things totally fair, I think Ebay should stop giving free listings to anyone.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Free Listings Farce

the promos aren't for you. they are for eBay. 

If they notice listings dropping in a category, or they want to hype a category, they offer these. They want to get more listings in there.

I doubt they ever offer a listing promo just for collectibles. that areas is saturated. Other areas.....

Right now there is a site threatening ebay in clothing and eBay wants to fight that with more clothing listings.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Free Listings Farce

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

To make things totally fair, I think Ebay should stop giving free listings to anyone.

Completely agree.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Free Listings Farce

So, this weekend I am starting this account back up and will be listing my 50 free items. After that, I'm opening a Starter store and will ride that out for another month. Then I'll upgrade to a Basic store and I'll keep that until I have enough items and sales to justify upgrading again.

I don't have time to base my business solely on whether or not i get promos. I'd be leaving too much money on the table. It's not that hard of a concept.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Free Listings Farce

The OP is not in the situation you are. They are just trying to unload things they've collected thru the years. They can certainly open another store but I know some people are scared to do that as depending on what you are selling - scammers target the newer sellers with low feedback.

I often get the same outlandish promo and wonder what is Ebay thinking. Since they target everything else around here - it wouldn't be unusual to target sellers who sell in the specific categories or have sold merchandise in those categories in the past to up their listings.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Free Listings Farce

I agree have been on ebay for over  25 years and now they are screwing sellers and the paypaI thing with sellers just saying stuff and we get screwed  --- will just wait them out I put all my sales in drafts and when there are free listings put them up let them realize that we may be only 20 % of their business but they know we have been there a long time.  amazon and poshmark have contacted me 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Free Listings Farce

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

They should get out of the 90s and stop charging listing fees per item.  Just up the ending fee to 20% or so.  Jeez they wanna copy Amazon, but they have a flat $40 per month list all you want deal!

Listing fees must be a cash cow for ebay.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply