cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudsters

Have listed my son's guitar now twice...six months apart...Have had six or sevenbids...allat full price or better...all wanting...invariably with last minute disclosure... to enclose gift cards on their behalf...when the instrument is delivered...i.e all scammers...Is this a common experience?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Fraudsters

@burrow_71 wrote:

Have listed my son's guitar now twice...six months apart...Have had six or sevenbids...allat full price or better...all wanting...invariably with last minute disclosure... to enclose gift cards on their behalf...when the instrument is delivered...i.e all scammers...Is this a common experience?

Yes, especially with new sellers and high-value, highly-scammed items. If you feel you must sell the guitar here, decide how much you want for it and list it as a Fixed Price item, with no Make Offer and with the Immediate Payment Required checkbox selected. (Use the full listing form to find that, not the simplified or express form.) That way no one can snatch your item off the market without actually paying you for it first.

That will get you past the fake-payment scammers, but you may still be risking a shipping damage claim, either real or fictitious, so consider listing it as Local Pickup Only, with no Shipping method offered. Selling it locally for cash is your best bet.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Fraudsters

AC   gave you some real good advice.I do not see a completed sale happening that you will be happy with.You could try asking if you know another seller with high feedback to list  it for you.

relisting it is more than likely to result in the same things again

local selling make good sense for a guitar,its not something I would want to ship

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 3
latest reply