cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Followers/stalkers

I've been a member of eBay for over 11 years never sold a single item on eBay ever. I have unfortunately dealt with some very dishonest low-life sellers, and as a result of this had to open a case more than once and it keeps getting worse, but anyway two of the dishonest sellers decided to follow me many years ago and now I'm wanting to sell on eBay and I'm not going to I can't because they are waiting for me to list something so they can have somebody they know as of course they won't do it themselves but they will have a friend or relative whatever purchase the item and say that I misrepresented it or they will break it just to get revenge on me for something they did wrong in the first place! And I as an eBay user can do nothing about this! I can't remove them I can't block them because you can no longer see their user ID! It's like it's being run by people that want to enable dishonest sellers and help them to take revenge on people that did nothing wrong, I was wronged and now this is adding injury to injury! So I have to go sell somewhere else! Absolutely asinine!

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Followers/stalkers

You can create a separate ID on ebay just for selling, there is no way for buyers to connect the two.

Message 2 of 44
latest reply

Followers/stalkers

Why not just change your username or start a new account....?

Edit: if you cannot see their user IDs to block them, how do you know they are "stalking" you? Are they messaging you?

Message 3 of 44
latest reply

Followers/stalkers

Use a new separate account for selling.

Message 4 of 44
latest reply

Followers/stalkers

Have you considered that maybe it's not the sellers.  The one common thread through all these transactions is you lol.  It's not normal to have so many bad interactions and transactions.  I can understand one or two but looks like you've have dozens of bad interactions..  I've been on here years and sold over a thousand items and bought more on top of that and I've only had like one or two bad transactions (which were scammers)

Message 5 of 44
latest reply

Followers/stalkers

Anyone that knows your username can see if you list items; it is not necessary for anyone to "follow" you or add you to a saved seller list -- it is not even necessary for someone to have an eBay account at all to bookmark your feedback or profile page.

Since anyone can see your items if you list something for sale, there is no way to block an individual user from seeing your items. Anyone can see your items or no one can. Those are the choices.

One possible course of action is to register an entirely new eBay account that has no obvious connection to your current account, and keep the accounts separate.

Many sellers have one eBay account used for buying, and another account for selling.

Message 6 of 44
latest reply

Followers/stalkers

On-line buying and selling is not for everyone.  You're still obsessing over transactions that went wrong long ago, but I doubt the sellers are.

-

Message 7 of 44
latest reply

Followers/stalkers

Sellers follow buyers, interesting. Heard of buyers following sellers. Many years ago, why do you think these people are still following you?

Message 8 of 44
latest reply

Followers/stalkers

"Many years ago"?  Do you really think these people from many years ago are just waiting with bated breath for you to list something so that they can finally have the chance to get their revenge?

Take a deep breath and think about that.  I would guess chances are very slim that is happening.  If they are still stalking you in some way outside of eBay, get authorities involved.  Otherwise, open a new account for selling as others have said.  Keep in mind that you will have limits and holds on funds when you are a new seller.  Peruse the help pages so you know the policies before you start.  Good luck.  

Message 9 of 44
latest reply

Followers/stalkers

@dnasilver wrote:

Sellers follow buyers, interesting. Heard of buyers following sellers. Many years ago, why do you think these people are still following you?

The old verse comes to mind:

Yesterday, upon the stair,

I saw a man who wasn't there.

He wasn't there again today;

I wish, I wish he'd go away!

-

Message 10 of 44
latest reply

Followers/stalkers

Also will need to sign up for Managed Pay. 

Message 11 of 44
latest reply

Followers/stalkers

If you have nothing listed then how do you know people have been watching you for years. It is hard to believe someone is that dedicated to watch for that long. To answer your question, start a new account for selling.

Message 12 of 44
latest reply

Followers/stalkers

Given your history of feedback left for many sellers, and this conspiracy theory you are slinging about, it's likely selling here is a BIG risk for you. You should jut donate the stuff to your local charity. Save yourself the trouble of a false return or the possibility of someone smashing your item and returning it. 

You can see from the negative feedback you have left for many sellers, it's tough to sell here. You never know what crazy person might buy your items and make your life miserable. You don't get to filter your buyers, so you can run into nutcases from time to time...... 

Message 13 of 44
latest reply

Followers/stalkers

Open a new account to sell with, and pray you do not do business with a buyer such as yourself.

Message 14 of 44
latest reply

Followers/stalkers

I wish you would explain how you know they are "following" you.  But I suspect you'll never come back.  

Message 15 of 44
latest reply