cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time seller. NEVER again.

I've been using eBay as a buyer for years. Mostly it's gone well. BUT I recently sold my first item on eBay. What a monster pain in the ass this has been. Is eBay trying to make the process as horrible as it could possibly be? I haven't even gotten paid yet and the item sold several weeks ago. This has been such a terrible experience I'm sick to my stomach. I'll NEVER deal with eBay again as a seller or buyer. One of the worst experiences of my life and i've had open heart surgery.  

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

when I want to let my wife know that something is complicated I will come out with this

"its a multi step process"

I am sorry you are having difficulty but everything seems to be going according to plan

if you are registered with MP then you are over the hump

some sellers get hung up on bank details and so forth for months and dnt persevere

now that you know whats its all about the second item you sell will seem like a breeze

its too early to stop after you have come this far

@fullyfavorable63-2 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 16 of 48
latest reply

@1tuna wrote:

its too early to stop after you have come this far

@fullyfavorable63-2 

That's probably the best one-line summary for where you are now. The first sale after either your account setup or an extended absence is not going to be paid right away. Once you have the ball rolling, payments will usually be released to your bank within about a day of the sale, and your bank should have the money available 1-2 days after that.

Message 17 of 48
latest reply

Yes, yes and yes. 😄 And tracking shows they were delivered. 

Message 18 of 48
latest reply

That's great!

So your issue is with MP and ebay making you wait for your money.

Watch your ebay messages.   Not just your emails.    Watch for messages indicating there is some sort of issue with your bank information.

If they tell you that you need to do something,    Do it.    Otherwise it's a 30 day waiting game and you're 

more than half way home.

Message 19 of 48
latest reply

A seller can open an unpaid item case on the fifth day after the sale if the buyer has not paid within four days.

Hard to understand why a seller would choose not to use the tools eBay offers when a transaction goes wrong.  

Message 20 of 48
latest reply

Are you saying that you shipped without making sure you'd been paid?  

Message 21 of 48
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

Are you saying that you shipped without making sure you'd been paid?  

According to the OP's later replies, the buyer did pay, but eBay is not releasing the funds (yet).

Message 22 of 48
latest reply

that is correct, ebay IS MAKING IT AS HARD AS POSSIBLE.     they just dont care about sellers.

Message 23 of 48
latest reply

Oh ... thank-you so much.

I see so many posts from sellers that have this problem.  I haven't. Knock on wood!

Message 24 of 48
latest reply

OMG!@!!!!

Message 25 of 48
latest reply

I’m currently in the same type of situation as you are.

If you want money FAST, you go to a pawn shop.

If you want the MOST money for your item, you sell online.

Most online venues have some type of hold on sellers, even established ones. 

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 26 of 48
latest reply

True. Ebay should get it's act together. People won't put up with being treated like this for long and ebay will be in the toilet. Whitholding anothers money for more than 10 days should be criminal.  

Message 27 of 48
latest reply

True. I expected a hold on the funds. But I thought maybe 10 or 12 days TOPS. A month is FAR beyond rediculous and should be criminal. 

Message 28 of 48
latest reply

Did you read all of the terms and conditions before selling on eBay? Did you read all of the terms & conditions before your open heart surgery? Because if you did then you would know EXACTLY what is going on. Read up on it and you will learn quite a bit. If you're a new seller or haven't sold anything in 3 months then eBay may hold your money for up to 21 or 30 days I believe. It's really not that big of a deal at especially since you knew that before going in, because you accepted the terms & conditions right....?

When I opened up my second store eBay held a few of my payments for 21 days and only 1 or 2 for 30 days but I knew that going in so it's not a big deal at all. If you need your money instantly then sell local, cash only.

Message 29 of 48
latest reply

i'm done with it. I don't even care about the payment anymore. I just want ebay far in my past never to be thought about again. It's caused me so much stress I must just let go so as not to harm my already poor and old health. I'm done with it. Thanks to everyone for listening and giving me advice. Have a BEAUTIFUL day. 

Message 30 of 48
latest reply