cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time Selling

This is my first time selling on ebay and I sold an item to two different accounts, yet the shipping labels have the exact same address to ship to. Is this a middle-man, or a scam.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

First time Selling

Could be a buyer using guest accounts.

Are they new buyers?

Have a great day
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

First time Selling

You had them listed as two separate items maybe the buyer wanted both. Since you only ship to the US it is possible to combine shipping if your seller preferences are setup that way. Were the accounts established or were they possibly guest accounts?

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

First time Selling

Does the address have a code or something in it?  That could be a freight forwarder, which isn't an issue.  If you signed up for eBay International Shipping, it could even be their hub.

Generally, I'd say if the buyer pays, you should ship.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

First time Selling

Make sure items are mailed when they are suppose to be shipped. Usually, but not always new sellers might not see the funds for 30+ days...but times need to be mailed.

Make sure items are packaged separately and each one has tracking...I wouldn't pack them together.

You can check to see if they are going "freight forward" by being charged an additional International fee as well as a eBay fee where a buyer has used an International Credit Card.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

First time Selling

Does the address have a code or something in it?  That could be a freight forwarder, which isn't an issue.  If you signed up for eBay International Shipping, it could even be their hub.

OP does not ship internationally. It could however be a FF. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1713995918695.pngdbfolks166mt_1-1713995931166.png

Generally, I'd say if the buyer pays, you should ship.

Agree, if they have paid seller should ship. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

First time Selling

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

You had them listed as two separate items maybe the buyer wanted both. Since you only ship to the US it is possible to combine shipping if your seller preferences are setup that way. Were the accounts established or were they possibly guest accounts?

You can't combine orders from two different buying accounts (even if they are for the same buyer/address).

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

First time Selling

Make sure items are mailed when they are suppose to be shipped. Usually, but not always new sellers might not see the funds for 30+ days...but times need to be mailed.

Make sure items are packaged separately and each one has tracking...I wouldn't pack them together.

You can check to see if they are going "freight forward" by being charged an additional International fee as well as a eBay fee where a buyer has used an International Credit Card.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

The international fee has nothing to do with what type of CC the buyer used or whether it is going to a FF. It is either because. 

• The delivery address for the item (entered by the buyer during checkout) is outside the US, or
  • The buyer's registered address is outside the US (regardless of the delivery address for the item)

The buyer could easily have a registered address outside the US but be living in the US or sending items to family and friends in the US. Buyer could also have a registered US address and be stationed overseas and shipping items to their current location either directly or through a FF. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

First time Selling

I don't think it's a good idea to tell a new seller or any seller to combine shipping for separately purchased items together without even mentioning they check with the buyer first... and since these items were bought by two different accounts it would certainly be unwise to even try shipping them together. @dbfolks166mt 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

First time Selling

I don't think it's a good idea to tell a new seller or any seller to combine shipping for separately purchased items together without even mentioning they check with the buyer first... and since these items were bought by two different accounts it would certainly be unwise to even try shipping them together. 

Agreed already noted  by  slippinjimmy my oversight on the two separate accounts. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply