cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback left on a returned item? Why can't eBay stop this?

So, this year I have had to ask eBay to remove feedback from buyers who misused returns and still ended up getting a full refund from eBay.  Just had to deal with it again today.  Why can't they automatically disable feedback when a return is open and being processed?  It is a headache to have to deal with this. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I agree, people who lie about a return should not be able to leave negative feedback.

Now how do we figure out who those people are?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

So, if I were to purchase a laptop from someone, and they send me a used Kleenex, and I open a SNAD return, I shouldn't be able to leave factual negative feedback? 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

You can report buyers who are fraudulent.  To leave feedback on an item that didn't fit or work out is what I am talking about

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Instead of wasting all the time getting negative feedback removed, figure out what's causing it.

Just looking at your listings, some descriptions might help.

Have a great day.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@natoman777 wrote:

You can report buyers who are fraudulent.  To leave feedback on an item that didn't fit or work out is what I am talking about

So you're suggesting no more negative feedback for fraudulent sellers? Just the ability to report? At that point ebay may as well abandon feedback all together.

Edit: I assume you mean fraudulent sellers. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Guess my post is misunderstood.  Oh well...I haven't been "wasting time" on worrying about negatives.  I only have 1.  My point is when people who misuse returns and then are still able to leave feedback, which is a lie... it's annoying.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Guess my post is misunderstood. Oh well...I haven't been "wasting time" on worrying about negatives. I only have 1. My point is when people who misuse returns and then are still able to leave feedback, which is a lie... it's annoying.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I agree, people who lie about a return should not be able to leave negative feedback.

Now how do we figure out who those people are?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@natoman777 wrote:

Guess my post is misunderstood.  Oh well...I haven't been "wasting time" on worrying about negatives.  I only have 1.  My point is when people who misuse returns and then are still able to leave feedback, which is a lie... it's annoying.

How are they misusing returns?

And what kind of feedback are they leaving?

Have a great day.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

They are choosing a reason like "item not described" or "defective" in order to get a prepaid label (I don't have "free returns").   I receive the item back and they lied about what they said was wrong.  They could have just chosen to send back due to not fitting, or changing their mind. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply