cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake Auction

ok now... this seller has what im after. he has it listed as a auction no buy it now no reserve ...

in his new notes he says he will delete all bids and not sell it for less then 1500 .. what the hell is this... it is listed as a auction no reserve no buy it now .. my ? is can he do this and if i win in a couple hours can i hold the seller to the auction price since this is what i started bidding on and there is no reserve nor buy it now ....

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Fake Auction

That seller is clueless. You should really seek out another (any other) seller to get that item from if at all possible. I suspect any transaction with that guy would not end well. (Other possible outcomes include him wanting to get paid outside of eBay because the final selling price wasn't what he wanted, or he's using bids that he'll cancel as a kind of mailing list, contacting each cancelled bidder to see if he's interested in an off-eBay deal, etc.)

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Fake Auction

Does he want you to get ahold of him to discuss the sale outside of ebay by listing a google email address? If so that is a scam. If not you could give him a defect if you win and he does not ship. You might want to report the item because those seller terms don't follow ebay selling practise.

=================================================
Search for Anything. 0 results.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Fake Auction

@lilcoops69 wrote:

ok now... this seller has what im after. he has it listed as a auction no buy it now no reserve ...

in his new notes he says he will delete all bids and not sell it for less then 1500 .. what the hell is this... it is listed as a auction no reserve no buy it now .. my ? is can he do this and if i win in a couple hours can i hold the seller to the auction price since this is what i started bidding on and there is no reserve nor buy it now ....

I agree with AC that he is clueless as this would be reportable to ebay to be removed.  And one like this which affects ebay's bottom line will be pulled down fast.

Sellers do this when they do not want to have to pay an extra fee to use a reserve.

I have seen a lot of sellers imply this and do cancel with 12 hours to go.  This one is just being honest about it, but still clueless as to the rules.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Fake Auction

thanks guys i have some incite as to where to go from here and no hes not a noob he has a nice number so hes been doing this a while .....
1157 and a red star so not new by any means ..
now i will say 2 hours to go and i suspect someone will fake a bid we will see not going to contact him no reason 2 he listed it with his score he should know better so... if i win accountability will be the issue weather it be with ebay or him ..... 🙂

oh and so you know i had already reported it to ebay and its still listed so .....

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Fake Auction

sorry guys ebay deleted his account so no auction no account 🙂
thanks for all your replies
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Fake Auction

OK PEOPLE ATTENTION ON THE FACTS ABOUT FAKE AUCTIONS!

This is what happens,and let me tell you its got me hacked off! A seller will have an item up for auction,no reserve. There will be legitimate bidders,not "private lister". What happens is the auction goes on as normal,you are actively watching and paying attention to the auction because you are the highest bidder. You see the clock is running down,you have excitement for you believe you are going to win this auction,it's down to wire,60 seconds,then 30 seconds,times up,you are sure you got it.... then nothing happens,you are perplexed, you immediately check your bid history,it's been wiped,deleted.(whenever I bid on an item I ALWAYS also put item I bid on under my watch listings as well) so I go to my watched items,the action has gone back to .01 item not sold,indicating that no one ever bid and is listed "unsold" I contacted one of the sellers doing this, who openly admitted in their awful,discombobulated, broken English that if the bids don't go high enough they cancel the auction! People,the only way ebay is going to put a stop to this is for consumers to complain on a persistent basis. Otherwise it will keek going on. What a complete waste of someonesomeone's time to bid,watch,and think you won,only to discover you got completely hosed!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Fake Auction

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply