cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every Fallout 76 Collector's Edition contains false advertising (well most)

I have started to directly contact each seller of Bethesda's Fallout 76 Collector's Edition (CE) due to the "canvas" bag that was supposed to be included was, in fact, not included. Bethesda (without telling the consumers who paid 200 dollars a pop) downgraded the bag to a **bleep** nylon bag.  Some have fixed their listings (that I contacted), but I still see tons of sellers using the canvas bag prototype in their photo and even saying canvas bag in their descriptions.

So far, everyone I told (but one) has happily updated the listing.  One guy was like "It is not my problem, cry to Bethesda" essentially. I reported him.   I let eBay know that every listing using the term canvas or using the photo of the non-existant bag should be taken down and relisted.  I assume most people don't know about Bethesda's switcheroo, so it isn't intentional, but dang, this could turn into a huge problem if buyers start to return the expensive items (rightly, as there is false advetising) and the sellers have to pay for the returns.  I am trying to get the word out.  The difference in the bags is huge:  one was very nice, the other bag that buyers actually got I wouldn't ever use.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You have done what you can.  I would let it go so that buyers and sellers who are actually involved in the transaction can work out any issues if they come up.

Also it is not unusual for a manufacture to change a bag material at some point in the production, so some sellers may have an older version that they bought from the manufacture and now the manuafcture has made a change, both are still valid authorized items.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It takes eBay forever to do anything about an item listing that's been reported. I wonder if it might be more effective to contact Bethesda directly.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Haha now I have two confirmed jokers.  Another guy called me a troll for telling him to correct the error in the listing.

Cause truth in advertising is trolling.  :S  Right.....

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If you're referring to me as a joker, it's definitely not appreciated. I posted nothing offensive to you in my reply, and I find it insulting that you chose to do so for no reason.

It's not your place to referee this website. Report the listings to eBay or don't. It's their site. To contact individual sellers and tell them to correct a listing is out of line.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Bethesda did produce some canvas bags and gave them to "influencers" whom in turn reviewed the item.  This is pretty much fraud on Bethesda's part.  I really like the company but they messed up big here.

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply