cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated delivery times shortened July 2022

Hi there. I've been selling for years now on eBay. I ship my items from an European country (where I'm located) to the US and the rest of the world, where I can ship via my Post Office. Since I started selling I've been chosing shipping option "Economy international shipping from outside US 11 to 23 bussines days" and "Economy international shipping". It worked without problems, buyers would usually (in over 95% of sales) recieve their orders within the specified time frame.

However, recently (since July 10th 2022) I've noticed that the Estimated delivery period has shortened for the items I've sold. I have not been making any changes with my listings. I've contacted ebay via twitter (@ askebay) and their explanation is that based on my delivery times so far they've shortened Estimated delivery periods.  So instead of 11 to 23 bussines days I've chosen I now have 10 bussiness days for my items to be delivered to buyers (despite my listings still having Economy international from outside US - 11 to 23 bussiness days option chosen!!). I'm really not happy with ebay doing these changes. Sometimes delays do happen as we are talking about international shipping and customs procedures. And I'm especially worried about some known slow services like the ones in Canada and Australia - it is normal for orders to travel 3 or 4 weeks to those two countries. I'm really not finding any logic with ebay besides that they want to make me as a seller to use some fast shipping or not to sell at all. Really dissapointed. Would love to hear an advice or maybe some similar expirience from other sellers.

Kind regards, Ken.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@topspeed.ze 

When you go into your shipping rules - how many choices are there?

We relisted some items that sold and when sold showed the (3) days handling time, that some how switched to a 1-day handling time.  

Perhaps it is not the shipping timeline (economy) that changed, but your handling time changed to Zero or 1 day?  Go in and edit your handling time to a longer time frame and perhaps that will help ease your dilemma?

You should be able to bulk edit all your listings at one time to change the handling time (or you used to be able to)

Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for the reply.

I can not see any changes regarding shipping details.

Handling time is the same as I've selected before - three days.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@topspeed.ze wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

I can not see any changes regarding shipping details.

Handling time is the same as I've selected before - three days.

That is really, really odd.    What happens if you change the handling time out slightly - does that give you the desired result?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I'm going to try that and see what happens when someone buys an item.

The thing which also makes it weird is that when I select shipping to for example Canada it shows the 30 days estimated delivery period. But yesterday I've sold an item to a buyer in Canada and estimated delivery is August 1st.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@topspeed.ze wrote:

I'm going to try that and see what happens when someone buys an item.

The thing which also makes it weird is that when I select shipping to for example Canada it shows the 30 days estimated delivery period. But yesterday I've sold an item to a buyer in Canada and estimated delivery is August 1st.

Probably another site glitch!!  Plah!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I've waited a couple od days to try and find out what's going on.

I've rechecked all of my items listed for sale wanting to prevent maybe a mistake of my own.

Here's what I've found out.

Ebay gives estimated delivery period based on the IP address of the buyer (I don't know how it was before - as far as I know my selected settings were respected).

For the buyers in the US I've choosen option "Economy Shipping from outside US 11 to 23 bussiness days" - Ebay seems now to say it's the 11th day that my shippments should be delivered on, and not the 23rd day.

And here's where it gets really good. 

I've had two orders from buyers in United Kingdom in a space of 30 minutes. Same day in my time zone and same day in pst where ebays hq are located. For one buyer it says estimated delivery period 11th August, and the other one is 8th August. All settings identical!!

I really don't know what to say.

I wouldn't mind these changes they've made if I was sure that I can fulfill these demands of shipping timewise. I'm just gona have to stop shipping to some locations or I'm gonna have a number of not very satisfied customers. And all because someone at ebay does not like any longer periods for delivery.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply