cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay turned off PayPal as a former payment on both of my TRS accounts - no warning at all

Please check your accounts if sales are slow. They hav been the worst ever for me.

Message 1 of 86
latest reply
85 REPLIES 85

Ebay turned off PayPal as a former payment on both of my TRS accounts - no warning at all

Where are you talking about? In site prefferences/ Payment from buyers/Offer Paypal on my listings/ Yes/No? Are you saying it was set to No?  

Message 46 of 86
latest reply

Yes, look at the photo attachment early in the thread........

Message 47 of 86
latest reply

@cal_w62 wrote:

Yes, look at the photo attachment early in the thread........

I did, that's why I'm confused because I haven't had a problem.     

Message 48 of 86
latest reply

Well, not every seller account resides on the same bank of servers in the data centers, so you may not have been affected, I had 3 accounts that were set like this and have no idea why.

Some sellers think this is the reason they have ZERO sales on certain accounts, follow the links in the posts in the thread and read them.

Message 49 of 86
latest reply

Absolutely set to NO on both my stores.
Sort of goes along with having to change immediate payment required a few weeks ago which I never require.
Message 50 of 86
latest reply

@cal_w62 wrote:

Look at your actual listings and click on 'details' next to the PayPal logo, it will tell you and show you what your customer sees.

Next look at the new listing form, most likely you have PayPal checked as the form of payment, then under that is your PayPal email address, under that is the checkbox for require immediate payment, if those are both checked I would assume that no matter if your seller preferences say NO next to accept PayPal that those settings on the listing form will override the settings in user preferences that are not set properly for PayPal, thus sellers would lose no sales.

Now eBay has to confirm these little details on why so many sellers accounts have NO instead of Yes in seller control panel in regard to accepting PayPal.

Could be the new listing forms themselves have something to do with this.

Then this is apparently a non-issue for me.  Listings are done 99.99% of the time as relist, or sell similar, as I sell mostly the same item on a recurring basis.

I don't remember when the las time was that I started a listing from scratch, so in the listings themselves the box is checked for PayPay  with an email address present.

Guess I am just in a 10 11 day, and counting...................  slumpSmiley Frustrated

Message 51 of 86
latest reply

I did read the thead.  Offer Paypal on MY listings has been set at "no" since the beginning of time. When you have "no" set to accept credit card payments on a merchant account,  the default is PP.  

On the screen shot posted the "accept cc on merchant acct was set to "no".

So I do not belive this has anything to do with 0 sales.    

Message 52 of 86
latest reply

There are a lot of sellers who think your assessment is wrong, we wait for eBay's answer on this thread.

Message 53 of 86
latest reply

I'm just saying, mine has been set at "no" forever and I have been receiving PP payments. Because I do not have a merchant acct, the default is PP.
Message 54 of 86
latest reply

Well, I have no idea why you would want it set to NO, in fact why have the settings there if they do nothing ??

eBay needs to revamp and recode this entire clunky system they set up, just like having to check each listing to require immediate payments on buy it now listings, it is a joke and a waste of time, that should be set in preferences, you turn it on and you would not have to check the box on each listing like you do now.

eBay leaves a lot to be desired and wastes millions of man hours for sellers every year, just like on the old form where sellers had to uncheck the best offer on each listing, massive time waster for sellers, and the system is still wasting millions of man hours for sellers to this very day, even with the new forms.

Message 55 of 86
latest reply

Wow, so the earlier thread was right!

I called every friend who owns a store and what do you know everybody said no sales in 4-7 days.

And EVERYONE HAD THE PAYMENTS SET AT NO!

Makes ya wonder is this the begining of the purge?

Clean house and let ebay become a Made in China site and Corporate site.

Some what already is.. 

There slowly gonna get rid of each one of us. Then blame us for them having to change the site.

This is all they have done since the beging. Its the sellers fault or buyers or google.

Never GREEDBAY!!

Message 56 of 86
latest reply

Don't worry, eBay is going to explain everything right in this thread, just keep reading along !!!

Message 57 of 86
latest reply

@tweetystwades wrote:
I'm just saying, mine has been set at "no" forever and I have been receiving PP payments. Because I do not have a merchant acct, the default is PP.

tweet - I agree - I've been receiving payments all weekend - my preferences were set ot know. They may have always been this way and we never noticed it.

Message 58 of 86
latest reply

Found this thread last night. And yes, my paypal was set at NO in the site pererence. I have since changed that.  I haven't had a sale in over 8 days. Very unusual to have no sales for that amount of time. Wondering if viewers will be back? Or did they see that I don't take paypal and went somewhere else.  Also have auctions listed, with only one bidder before I changed the paypal to yes. This also is very unusual, in the past many bidders.

Message 59 of 86
latest reply

We still don't really know for sure why this is happening or why eBay does not have this set by default to accept PayPal since that is the only form of payment they allow in the first place, why they have left these settings the way they have giving sellers a choice in the first place is beyond sound logic.

We don't know if the new listing forms are changing the settings in preferences when you check the PayPal box there, we don't know why we have to check immediate payment required each time in the listing form.

eBay has made a mess out of eBay, that is a fact.

Message 60 of 86
latest reply