cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay system claiming I need to increase selling limit, won't let me list

Never had this happen. A couple days ago I started getting messages for each gtc item which did not sell during the last 30 days. Each message stated that this item did not auto-renew. I have never received these before and wondered if it had something to do with my number of available listings but just knew it couldn't possibly be that. I have been so busy with other things I just put it to the back of my mind. Keep in mind I hadn't listed anything for about 5 days. Well tonight, I tried listing an item and at the end after hitting list item, I got a message saying my selling limit needed to be increased, gave a link to call and discuss. Of course you can't talk to anyone from Ebay right now. What the heck? I just activate the 50,000 free listings, plus I looked at my basic store subscription which renewed on April 1st and I have 0/250 listings available. Is this a glitch? Anyone else experiencing it? 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

What are your selling limits?
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

What is going on? I get this under "Monthly Limits":

No more items
190 listed and sold / 20 limit on quantity of items

No more items
$5,432.27 listed and sold / $1,000.00 limit

When I click "learn more", I get this:

Currently, you've listed or sold 190 items of your 20 monthly limit. You can list or sell up to $0.00 more to reach your $1,000.00 monthly limit.

On seller hub overview page I have this:

Promotional offersUnited States

List FREE - 50,000 additional fixed priced listings

Pay no insertion fees on up to 50,000 fixed price listings

Start:Apr 1, 2020 at 12:00am PDT
End:Apr 30, 2020 at 11:59pm PDT
Used/Left:43 / 49,957
ebay.com
List FREE - 200 auction-style or fixed priced listings

Pay no insertion fees on up to 200 listings

Start:Mar 31, 2020 at 10:00am PDT
End:Apr 30, 2020 at 11:59pm PDT
Used/Left: Active
ebay.com
Basic Store Subscription – 250 Fixed Price Listings

Pay no insertion fees on 250 fixed price listings, including Good ‘Til Cancelled

Start:Apr 1, 2020 at 12:00am PDT
End:May 1, 2020 at 12:00am PDT
Used/Left:0 / 250
ebay.com

I have a basic store,  supposed to be 250 listings per month. What is the deal... am I reading this wrong or am I justified in not having listings left?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Are you a new seller? or is this a new seller ID?

Cause 20 item seller limit looks real weird unless you are.  So does that really low dollar amount.

If you aren't a new seller, what does your Dashboard look like??

No matter what the only way to fix this is to contact ebay through their email options.

Promotions or store limit's don't matter if your Monthly Limit are low.

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Spoiler
No I'm a seasoned seller... the id you see is the only one I really use... I have a second but no real activity on that one at all. Dashboard looks fine.. is there a specific thing on the db that you want me to take a look at?
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@leareamc wrote:
Spoiler
No I'm a seasoned seller... the id you see is the only one I really use... I have a second but no real activity on that one at all. Dashboard looks fine.. is there a specific thing on the db that you want me to take a look at?

It's the 20 item / 1K selling limit that's making my jaw drop.

If you have been around awhile it shouldn't be anywhere near that low. So I was hopping maybe you had issue on the Dashboard like below standard or something.

Did you sell something lately on the banned list?  Any emails from eBay stating you had done a no no and they were going to limit you?

There is no way you could have gotten what you have listed if the Monthly Limits hadn't been changed recently.

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I don't know what is going on but this is a bad time for Ebay to give me problems, I have not listed in days and need to get stuff listed NOW. I have a defect rate of %0.11, on time handling of 100%, 0 case closed without seller resolution, and I am a top rated seller, and from what I am seeing, I should have plenty of free listings available. Guess I'll have to email them and wait since we can't call... it is true that we still can't call, correct? 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@leareamc wrote:

I don't know what is going on but this is a bad time for Ebay to give me problems, I have not listed in days and need to get stuff listed NOW. I have a defect rate of %0.11, on time handling of 100%, 0 case closed without seller resolution, and I am a top rated seller, and from what I am seeing, I should have plenty of free listings available. Guess I'll have to email them and wait since we can't call... it is true that we still can't call, correct? 

Far as I know the phones are still not going... you could try Facebook or twitter to see if you can get some ones attention.

Cause there is a glitch or something some where.

TRS long time seller should NOT have anywhere near the 20 selling limit showing on your Seller Hub.  And until that gets fixed not only is nothing going to relist, but you aren't listing any new ones either.

PS at least you can see your limits... I've never seen mine on this ID  it simply doesn't show and never has.  On my other selling ID it shows, just not this one.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

So, sometime in the last 6 or 7 days, your selling limits were changed to 20 items a month / $1000 in sales allowed per month. What were they before? To get limited suddenly means something is amiss. I would go ahead and do what the message is instructing you to do. If it gave you a phone number, go ahead and call it to see if you can get thru. Otherwise you can email them, or try eBay's Facebook or Twitter. I recently had to contact customer service via email and the outcome was a quick reply. I wasn't expecting that. Good luck to you and I hope this gets ironed out quickly for you. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I've been unable to list at all since last night  so there must be a kink in the system somewhere . Whenever  I try  a  big message in red letters appears at the top of the page  saying my charity ID number is invalid  and please try again . I'm not trying to donate to charity  so I don't know what they're talking  about . I sent e bay an e mail  this morning to report the problem  since we can't call them  right now.  I hope they can get all these issues resolved . Tulips 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

it is true that we still can't call, correct? leareamc

Yes , I just tried to a few minutes ago . There's no option to call them . I had to send them  an e mail  . However  from the wording  it looks like there might be a long wait to get any help . Tulips 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply