cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay store, Vacation, GTC Will they still renew?

I am going to close my shop for a quick break.

Now that items are GTC, will they keep renewing while my shop is on vacation?

Otherwise, I am going to need to  go in and ending them all!

Cece
My Jewels
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Yes, they will renew. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you! I need to be sure to end my listings in that case.

Cece
My Jewels
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@hawaiibeads wrote:

I am going to close my shop for a quick break.

Now that items are GTC, will they keep renewing while my shop is on vacation?

Otherwise, I am going to need to  go in and ending them all!

YES

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@hawaiibeads wrote:

Thank you! I need to be sure to end my listings in that case.

@hawaiibeads 

May I ask why you feel a need to end them?  Are you going to be on Vacation for a month? 

I see you have a store and currently have 506, so I'm assuming that you have a premium store (hopefully) which means you have 1,000 GTC listing available to you each and every month included with your store and $.10 for each listing that goes over your allotment.  This means that even if the listing falls in a two post month, the most it could cost you for the month (with annual subscription) would be $61.15 or $59.95 plus $1.20 for the overage.  If it isn't a month where the listing falls twice, you would have 494 more listings available to you for the total price of $59.95.

If you have a basic store, and I can't imagine why you would, you would be paying $85.95.  That's $21.95 (if paid annually) and $64.00 for your overage and you would be paying $.25 per listing for each and every additional listing above the 256 listings in your plan.  This means that if a listing falls twice in a month, your monthly fees would be $225.45.  That's $21.95 for the subscription and $203.50 for the listings above your allotment of 250.

If you have a starter store..... really bad idea with your number of listings, you would be paying $121.80.  That's $4.95 (if paid annually) and $121.80 for your overage and you would be paying $.30 per listing for each and every addition listing above the 100 listings in your plan.  This means that if a listing falls twice in a month, your monthly fees would be $278.55  That's $4.95 for the subscription and $273.60 for the listings above your allotment of 100.

So you are either subscribed to the wrong store, or you aren't really thinking this completely through.  With a premium store in the best case it costs you nothing to allow the listings to renew, and in the worst case it costs you an additional $1.20.

I know that a lot of people came out gangbusters against GTC and have blamed it for everything from increased fees to Brexit, but if you are using the "right store" for you listings, it is the best thing since sliced bread.  There are of course exception for what the "right store" is for sellers who fall between the vast gap of the premium store and the anchor store.... 1,000 to 10,000... which is insane.

I do hope this helped to put things into perspective for you, and perhaps make you re-evaluate your store level if needed.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you so much for all the information.  I had just recently bumped this store up from Basic to Premium, and it is working much better for me! And your advice let me know that I made the right decision.

I should have mentioned this is for my other store, which has about 225 listings.

And it is basic store level. I am thinking that I will just end items that would roll over during the period I would be closed.

This shop, I have plenty of listings available for items to renew while closed.

Cece
My Jewels
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@hawaiibeads wrote:

Thank you so much for all the information.  I had just recently bumped this store up from Basic to Premium, and it is working much better for me! And your advice let me know that I made the right decision.

I should have mentioned this is for my other store, which has about 225 listings.

And it is basic store level. I am thinking that I will just end items that would roll over during the period I would be closed.

This shop, I have plenty of listings available for items to renew while closed.

Awesome!!!!

I too have more than one store and when one of the baby ones comes due in October, I will be terminating it.  I just don't see the need to have more than one store unless your items are vastly different... say baby clothes and penthouse magazines

Message 7 of 7
latest reply