cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay releasing funds

Ebay not releasing funds yes I had a sale and to just narrow it down and put it straight out there like there is 1000 more people in the same category where eBay not releasing funds or put restrictions on you for absolutely no reason you will do everything they ask which is just a routine for them but you're in the end you ain't going to get nowhere that's sister way of pretending professional but all reality they would give me no reason I'll give you no why but pretty restrict you or restrict you but in my case they're supposed to release the money after 120 days and still have not been over 300 days and now to do one is that there were this money until the restrictions start 120 days not from the sale that you're restricted on from the beginning which was supposed to be released after 120 days by state regulations

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ebay releasing funds

Ebay does not restrict any account without a reason.  You may no know what the reason is or you may not agree with it, but a reason does exist.  For you it is likely because you are a new seller.

Ebay has had a rule for many years that pertains to New Seller and sellers that have been away from selling for 90+ days. The following is the policy that outlines why you money is likely on hold.

https://export.ebay.com/en/fees-and-payments/payments/payment-holds/

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&&...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Ebay releasing funds

Ebay does not restrict any account without a reason.  You may no know what the reason is or you may not agree with it, but a reason does exist.  For you it is likely because you are a new seller.

Ebay has had a rule for many years that pertains to New Seller and sellers that have been away from selling for 90+ days. The following is the policy that outlines why you money is likely on hold.

https://export.ebay.com/en/fees-and-payments/payments/payment-holds/

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&&...

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Ebay releasing funds

You have negative feedback for a $3000 item. Maybe eBay returned their money is the reason you haven't  been paid.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Ebay releasing funds

@fab_finds4u wrote:

You have negative feedback for a $3000 item. Maybe eBay returned their money is the reason you haven't  been paid.

I saw that too, but that transaction is over six months old and not likely an issue now.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Ebay releasing funds

@branya4774 ,

If it has been over 300 days and it was me, I would lawyer up.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Ebay releasing funds

@theteamsetguy wrote:

@branya4774 ,

If it has been over 300 days and it was me, I would lawyer up.

It may be that the buyer was refunded the money by Ebay and not required to return the item.  So the OP still thinks they owe them money.  They haven't sold in a long time.  

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Ebay releasing funds

Ebay chose you at random and decided to hold your funds for no reason?

I'm sorry to hear that.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Ebay releasing funds

It seems this has to do with the $3000 sale. Did you resolve the issue with the buyer? If not, eBay likely refunded the buyer. Buyers of the kind of medical equipment you sold are serious people who do not like their time being wasted. Did eBay tell you they would release the money or you are just assuming they will?

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Ebay releasing funds

New sellers have their funds held until they prove to Ebay that they can be trusted.

You have had 2 sales, one of which was not successfully completed.

Any money owed you might have been refunded to the buyer who you did not serve well.

Ebay is not your accomplice.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Ebay releasing funds

Have you checked your states unclaimed property, they might have turned it over to them?

Have a great day
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Ebay releasing funds

@kensgiftshop wrote:

Have you checked your states unclaimed property, they might have turned it over to them?

If that happened, Ebay would have notified them that they sent it.

I think the Op is just confused.  It is likely that Ebay refunded the buyer that posted the negative FB on the OPs account and did not require the buyer to return the item.

The OP could easily see if there really is any money held by viewing their MP account at this link.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin/summary

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Ebay releasing funds

@branya4774 

New or infrequent sellers will experience transaction holds while learning best selling practices. This helps sellers become established and build a strong selling history on eBay. New sellers typically experience holds for up to 14 days, although sometimes it may be longer.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Ebay releasing funds

The reality is the 3K funds were most likely returned to the buyer.  If the buyer opened a SNAD case and you ignored it that is the consequence, buyer is refunded and keeps item with no return shipment required.   In other words there are no funds to release.    

"Don't trust this seller and don't buy from him he is not an honest seller. He shipped me in complete order and also sent me RUSTED UTEMS he promises to send me the missing items he provide eBay with the shipping tracking number but never shipped the items now he is telling me that box came back because he put too much of the packing material. My customer is waiting and he is playing games with me sending me irrelative messages." 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply