cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay refunded buyer, I'm out product AND shipping!

Ebay seems to always side with the buyer.  Buyer didn't like the color fabric he bought, then accused me of shipping the wrong color.  Expected me to pay to have the fabric returned, and get a full refund.  Ebay steps in and gives buyer a full refund, and they get to keep the fabric.  Out right teft in my opinion facilitated by my business partner EBAY!!  

eBay item number:

return/refund Order number: 23-04891-25283

#1 Listing clearly states "Photo is approximate color, every monitor is slightly different." I submitted photo of the actual fabric next to my monitor display showing the color matching the listing.

#2 Listing also states "14 day returns. Buyer pays for return shipping". What is the point of including my conditions if EBAY is just going to ignore them???

#3 Twice the offer was made to customer that they could return the fabric but they had to pay for the return shipping. They chose to escalate the transaction with EBAY.

#4 How does EBAY decide to give my money back to buyer, and goods have not been returned? Ebay has essentially facilitated a theft from my business. The buyer now gets to keep my goods, and get a full refund!!

#5 Ebay took the easy way out and simply refund the money without investigating who should be responsible. Perhaps my business partner, EBAY should absorb this refund!!

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

@chikenliken wrote:

I responded to ebay immediately with my side. 

If I would have accepted the return I would have had to pay for the return shipping...see how that works?  I end up paying for the return shipping AND I would have had to issue the full credit to buyer anyway.

Yes, but you would have gotten your item back before having to refund.

When a buyer files an INAD, seller doesn't have much of a choice.

Have a great day
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

I’ll have to correct the beige color... but the “crummy” photo is the fabric and is showing the same front and back of the fabric. No editing was done to the photo. 

thanks for your feedback. I see the errors in my ways.  Lesson learned, still unhappy with EBay. 

Message 17 of 17
latest reply